Blue Penguin

Blue Penguin

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Books for Keeps A heart-warming story of a little blue penguin who struggles being different from the rest. November 2016 Book of the Month There are some breathtakingly beautiful illustrations in Petr Horacek’s new picture book, and a story to bring a lump to the throat. Despite the fact that he does the same penguin things as everyone else in his colony, he is still an outcast. Het gaat over een kleine blauwe (ja, echt) pinguïn die wordt geboren bij alleen maar zwarte pinguïns. The difference being that in the tale the other characters holds exactly the same position – they don’t want to help.

Blue Penguin Books - Etsy UK Blue Penguin Books - Etsy UK

By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. This book would be good for PSHE when discussing friendship and children could hot seat the blue penguin to find out how he felt.The pictures are gorgeous, and in my opinion they are the only thing that saves this book from being one star. Elizabeth (she/her) joined Penguin Classics in 2016 after brief stints in magazines and academic publishing. For Inspiration: Check out Classic Penguin: Cover to Cover, a visual overview of the innovative covers that have put Penguin Classics at the forefront of the book design world.

Blue Penguin by Petr Horacek (9781406366013/Paperback

Eventually all of the penguins learn of his talent, and are sorry they treated him badly because he was different. The textured illustrations with a colour palette focused on blue and white perfectly evoke the mysticism of the snowy landscape. He didn't realise at the time but his black colour had rolled off the table so he didn't have penguin colour and used blue instead. A charming and engaging book about friendship, understanding and belonging, this heart-warming story is just the thing to help promote positive behaviour in your young child and send him soundly off to sleep. The blue penguin eventually wins them over, which makes for a happy ending but I think the big draw here are the mixed media illustrations.

This could be read to the children at the beginning of a new school year or when a new child joins the class who could feel alone. I would listen to the story or watch a film and then fill up my sketchbook with pictures and images from the story. She has worked with a wide range of contributors including Gene Luen Yang, Nnedi Okorafor, Leigh Bardugo, Kevin Young, Jason Reynolds, Tracy K. A moving and beautifully illustrated story from Petr Horacek, an illustrator described by the Washington Post as the thinking tot's Eric Carle .

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop