Evolutionary Psychology: The New Science of the Mind

Evolutionary Psychology: The New Science of the Mind

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

More than two decades after the book has been written there is still no evidence for the “killer sperm” the author lucidly describes and presents as a scientific fact.

6 Important Evolutionary Psychology Books | Psychology Today 6 Important Evolutionary Psychology Books | Psychology Today

It offers a sound, brief and student friendly explication of how evolutionary theory has been and is applied in psychology. It’s clearly evolutionarily important, because if you’re murdered, you’re not having any further children and you’re not looking after your existing children. Of course, with that comes the moralizing implication that we should all be more like the hippie communes we used to be, instead of the nasty, selfish, and jealous humans we are. We elaborate key conceptual tools, including task analysis, psychological mechanisms , design features, universality, and cost-benefit analysis.It came out in 1994—I’d just become a teenager then, and was getting into all sorts of popular science, from Richard Dawkins to Stephen Hawking. I already know: I talk to tell you stuff, I talk to get things I want…’ You’ve got to break that down first. Until we can come up with a convincing, credible alternative explanation, the suspicion that racist genetic theories might be true will linger.

Evolutionary Psychology - Wiley Online Library The Handbook of Evolutionary Psychology - Wiley Online Library

The types of arguments that you’ve got to make in evolutionary psychology, Steven Pinker made them and made them brilliantly. This provocative book covers everything from genetic strategies and office politics to moral codes and public policies. Evolutionary psychology is a revolutionary new science, a true synthesis of modern principles of psychology and evolutionary biology. Overall, "Behave" is a thought-provoking and informative book that sheds light on the mysteries of human behavior. This is a book I read while studying experimental psychology as an undergraduate and I have such fond memories of it, because unlike so many set texts this was not at all a chore to read.

The authors argue that the modern world is out of sync with our ancient brains and bodies, and this cognitive dissonance is causing an array of problems, from chronic illness to political divisiveness. Wright explains how the reason we suffer is that we don't see the world clearly, and how meditative practice can help us see the world and ourselves more clearly. Chapters cover a broad range of topics, including theoretical foundations, the integration of evolutionary psychology with other life, social, and behavioral sciences, as well as with the arts and the humanities, and the increasing power of evolutionary psychology to inform applied fields, including medicine, psychiatry, law, and education. They wouldn’t say, ‘I’m going to kill him because he’s my cousin two steps removed, and therefore less valuable to me than my brother.

Evolutionary Psychology Books of 2023 - FindThisBest Best Evolutionary Psychology Books of 2023 - FindThisBest

It will not be adopted as course literature since it is too narrow, it would need a course of its own to be covered. The Mating Mind doesn’t just explain or summarize though, but it also introduces a thought-provoking new theory. So we know that there will have been pressure to behave morally, in the way other people think of it.These books explore topics such as mate choice, aggression, and social behavior through an evolutionary lens, providing readers with a deeper understanding of human nature. is that “Behave” is not focused on evolutionary psychology but on human psychology and behavior in general.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop