Tobar 15970 Clever Putty, Solid, Mixed, 8.5 Centimeters

Tobar 15970 Clever Putty, Solid, Mixed, 8.5 Centimeters

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Rubber was vital for the production of rafts, tires, vehicle and aircraft parts, gas masks, and boots. Proposed uses in design and technology include: demonstration of an unusual polymer; product sample for toy design and packing projects; unusual products that utilise the inherent properties such as very slow flow or ‘creep’. Silly putty’ or ‘bouncy putty’ has long been available as an amusement but this type of material – properly known as visco-elastic polymer or dilatant compound – has serious engineering applications. In the US, all rubber products were rationed; citizens were encouraged to make their rubber products last until the end of the war and to donate spare tires, boots, and coats. Alternatively, it will happily behave like a ball and bounce restlessly on your desk top, or for darker moods it will tear to vent frustration, only to melt back into one piece under gravity.

Under EN71-3, slimes are classed as a liquid or sticky toy material and the limit for boron is 300mg/kg.The non-toxic putty would bounce when dropped, could stretch farther than regular rubber, would not go moldy, and had a very high melting temperature. Where necessary, third-party accredited companies ensure these products conform to the European Toy Safety Directive.

Since 1950, more than 300 million eggs of Silly Putty (approximately 4,500 short tons or 4,100 tonnes) have been sold.Silly Putty's unusual flow characteristics are due to the ingredient polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS), a viscoelastic substance. This amount includes seller specified domestic postage charges as well as applicable international postage, dispatch, and other fees.

There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. In 1957, Hodgson produced the first televised commercial for Silly Putty, which aired during the Howdy Doody Show.

Great as a toy but I use it for masking off areas on my models before airbrushing which it does very well. This smart black tin contains a portion of silvery putty that can be stretched, twisted and moulded between your fingers to relieve tension and focus the mind. Viscoelasticity is a type of non-Newtonian flow, characterizing a material that acts as a viscous liquid over a long time period but as an elastic solid over a short time period. To be honest I've not even opened it yet it's a gift for a peculiar child I know, who just so happens to be my daughter. Thanks for sending it to me, I'm now questioning the whole gift idea to my daughter and might give it to my dad hopefully he won't snort it either.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop