The Shapeshifter Series 6 Books Collection Box Set By Ali Sparkes (Finding the Fox, Running the Risk, Going to Ground, Dowsing the Dead, Stirring the Storm & Feather And Fang)

£20.97
FREE Shipping

The Shapeshifter Series 6 Books Collection Box Set By Ali Sparkes (Finding the Fox, Running the Risk, Going to Ground, Dowsing the Dead, Stirring the Storm & Feather And Fang)

RRP: £41.94
Price: £20.97
£20.97 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

During the first book, Finding the Fox, Dax discovers his ability to shapeshift into a fox, and is whisked away from his hated stepfamily by the government. Lisa Hardman is a very stubborn and strong-willed teenage girl, who (at the beginning of the story) is very reluctant to accept her powers. While we're at it, why did the weather in their areas turn absolutely mad and stormy at the time of their births? Their background is fleetingly referred to in Mind Over Matter; Gideon has a long lost twin brother, Luke, who lived near the Isle of Wight, so that is why the book is set there.

She has read every one of these books over and over, despite having a lot of new unread books still left from Christmas. And, on the subject of death, conveniently none of the Cola kids can contact their dead mothers' spirits. Well, I can report that yes, the stories involve a group of children with special abilities in an away from home 'special school' situation, but within a few pages, the plot and characters are out on their own and running an original course. Despite the fact that her books can contain things like aliens and telepathy, they all remain so grounded in reality, and though that sentence may not make sense now it will when you read them.Registered address: Unit 31, Vulcan House Business Centre, Vulcan Road, Leicester, LE5 3EF, United kingdom. This amount includes seller specified domestic postage charges as well as applicable international postage, dispatch, and other fees. So when his classmates are suddenly taken away 'for their own safety', Dax's fox senses tell him all is not as it seems. I can't review the actual book for myself as I haven't read it, but I can say that these books have rekindled my daughter's reading obsession.

People told you about growing up and how it did odd things to you…like growing hair under your arms and your voice changing. They are trained, taught and educated by the British government with lots of military guards involved but they will also want to get away from it all and have a break - so I can explore what happens when they have their time out from the college. Usually, I don't read an awful lot because most books don't really hold my attention for very long, so when I read a bunch of reviews with cliché phrases like "Couldn't put it down" and "Sucked me right in" I didn't really think it would be quite that good because, let's be honest. That is behind ideas like Shapeshifter - a boy turns into a fox, so you ask what would people do, local people, your family and the press, which is based on my experience. Change country: -Select- Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Bahamas Bahrain Barbados Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Brazil British Virgin Islands Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Islands Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Chile China Colombia Comoros Cook Islands Costa Rica Cyprus Czech Republic Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) Democratic Republic of the Congo Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas) Finland France French Guiana French Polynesia Gabon Republic Gambia Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iraq Ireland Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jordan Kenya Kiribati Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Laos Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macau Macedonia Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia Moldova Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Namibia Nepal Netherlands Netherlands Antilles New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Niue Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Republic of Croatia Republic of the Congo Reunion Romania Saint Helena Saint Kitts-Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Vincent and the Grenadines San Marino Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Sierra Leone Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands South Africa South Korea Spain Sri Lanka Suriname Svalbard and Jan Mayen Swaziland Sweden Taiwan Tajikistan Tanzania Thailand Togo Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom Uzbekistan Vanuatu Vatican City State Venezuela Virgin Islands (U.

Being a children's book the story is rather simple, with an obvious villain, but it contains many fun elements.

I was impressed by the description of Dax's experiences as a fox, which is part of what made this such a lovely book.I don’t think I’ll ever get bored of stories about ordinary kids realising they are actually extraordinary. The first book (Unleashed: A Life and Death Job) is about Lisa, a psychic or medium who can speak to the dead. But as Dax learns more about his power, he discovers easier ways of activating and deactivating his power (including imagining the smell of fox and earth, as well as a cool breeze). Dax is one of a number of Colas (Children of Limitless Ability), young people who possess amazing supernatural powers.

Ali's books have been translated into many languages from French and German to Latin American and Japanese.

Overall, I think "Finding the Fox" is exactly the right mix of supernatural, adventure and animal cuteness that can fascinate readers of any age. The main boy Dax is realistic but nice and smart enough without coming across as boring compared to the funny and chocolate-loving Gideon, the troubled psychic Lisa who jogs around the school at night, and Dax's COLA guardian Owen whose trust will be questioned throughout the book. He exhausted the Harry Potter series over the summer as well as the Artemis Fowl series and Percy Jackson. His mother died when he was four years old and his stepmother dislikes him and makes no secret of the fact. At Books2Door, we believe that reading is a fundamental skill that every child should have to help improve their vocabulary, grammar, and critical thinking skills.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop