Making Faces

Making Faces

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

So many beauty resources aimed at trans women seek to assimilate us into a cisheteronormative view of beauty; we are enticed with the promise that we too, if we learn how to use blush, can ascend into unremarkability. Kevin Aucoin shares his secrets, explaining not only the basics of makeup application and technique but also how to use the fundamentals to create a wide range of different looks. while i love and respect kevyn aucoin and what he has done for makeup artistry, and i loved hearing about his thoughts and experiences in this book, it is truly such a mess. Now, he is one of the most notable makeup artists of our generation and seeing him live his truth and release such popular makeup products is very inspiring. I think that the climate of today's cancel culture would definitely not let him get away with saying that so this book definitely shows it is from another era.

Hence, he’s put together this book and packed it with more than 200 illustrations and invaluable tips for professional-grade makeup application. Third, it is easy to see this as art, and faces as canvases, and Aucoin as a skilled and generous artist. If I had not seen the step by step directions for some of the looks, I would have NEVER guessed who it was! Kevyn Aucoin shares his secrets, explaining not only the basics of make-up application and technique but also how to use those fundamentals to create a wide range of different looks. However, it is an interesting book and it's fascinating seeing the difference between the before and after pics and seeing the stars and models portray beauty icons of the past.Being more of a sunscreen and lipgloss kind of woman today, I think I should go get this book again just for the pleasant nostalgia. I in fact, went to a company halloween party as a very convincing Betty Boop using techniques I garnered from this tome.

If you practice and master the looks in the book then you will be able to handle pretty much anything else the industry sets before you. Long story short, I learned little to nothing, arrogantly assumed I had and gave it away in the monthly book swap. I liked reading about his past as well and feel very proud that he survived his turbulent adolescence growing up as a closeted gay teen in a conservative small town.International products have separate terms, are sold from abroad and may differ from local products, including fit, age ratings, and language of product, labeling or instructions.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop