Danger at Dead Man's Pass (Adventures on Train)

£3.995
FREE Shipping

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This was another successful mystery. There was a large cast of quirky characters, some believed Alexander died of natural causes, and others believed it was the curse rearing its ugly head. But could there be another answer? Hal,” Uncle Nat said softly, “in all the years that I’ve known the baron, he’s never once asked for my help. I … I thought you might want to come, at least to Paris. But if you’d rather not, I would understand, and I’m sure the baron would, too.” The carriage doors beeped and opened, releasing a torrent of people who pushed past, barely glancing at them. Hal spotted a pair of empty seats, and they dropped into them, putting their bags at their feet. It took me an embarrassingly long time to realise that all the chapter titles are names of movies, which added to the fun.

PDF / EPUB File Name: Danger_at_Dead_Mans_Pass_-_MG_Leonard_Sam_Sedgman.pdf, Danger_at_Dead_Mans_Pass_-_MG_Leonard_Sam_Sedgman.epub Discover November’s book club title, Danger at Dead Man’s Pass by M.G. Leonard and Sam Sedgman (Macmillan Children’s Books). We’re delighted to bring you this thrilling adventure to enjoy in a book club setting – whether with friends, family or your school mates. Dapo Adeola, Tracy Darnton, Joseph Coelho and Chitra Soundar are among the 19 authors and illustrators longlisted for the Inclusive Books for Child... This classic ghost story takes place in a remote railway cutting, where a strange spectre appears three times to warn the eponymous signalman of danger on the line. It’s an incredibly atmospheric example of the best Victorian ghost stories, and the many railway-based short stories which were popular at the time. The “Dead Man’s Pass” from our book’s title is a similar railway cutting beset by strange tragedy – and rumoured to be haunted by a ghost. Having our young detective confront a potentially supernatural threat felt like an excellent way to test his mettle in this fourth adventure. Baron Wolfgang Essenbach’s letter is written from ‘Schloss Kratzenstein’. This is based on the real-life Wernigerode Castle. Have a go at sketching this castle in Hal’s style. What sort of setting do you think it is? What dangers will Hal face here?Whenever anyone asks for chapter book recommendations for independent readers, M.G. Leonard and Sam Sedgman’s marvellous ‘Adventures on Trains’ series is my absolute list topper. I love that this winning team of authors have created exciting, accessible and non-gender divisive reads for the next generation of bookworms who are hungry for compelling reads but not quite ready for the darkness of the later Harry Potter or Nevermoor books. I didn’t think you were coming till Easter Sunday,” Hal said, curious to know why his uncle was here more than a week early.

Consider the thoughts and feelings of the four characters pictured on the cover of Danger at Dead Man’s Pass. In four speech bubbles, write what you think the interior monologues of each character might be. This means, write down what you think the characters might be thinking and feeling here. Consider the following: In ‘Danger at Dead Man’s Pass’, the fourth adventure in the series, a mysterious letter from an old friend asks Hal and Uncle Nat to help investigate a spooky supernatural mystery. Legend has it the Kratzensteins, a family of rich and powerful railway tycoons, are cursed, but there is no such thing as a curse, is there…? Hal and Nate continue to be excellent lead characters. It's also lovely to see how their relationship has evolved and how much Nate trusts Hal, both as a person but also as a detective. Hal is brilliantly smart, and continues to show how his talent for noticing things is the key to solving the crime - normally aided by his excellent drawing skills! And it really is hard to talk about these books without mentioning the fantastic illustrations by Elisa Paganelli - they help set the scene. Also, Hal's habit of drawing everyone is very helpful in keeping all the characters straight ;)

Age range(s)

Lastly, do you have any final questions you would like to ask Maya and Sam if you got the chance? Try to think of at least two and make a note of them. Act like everything is normal and don’t breathe a word of our conversation to anyone,” Uncle Nat said gravely. The platform of Crewe station slid from view, and the electric light in the carriage turned the window into a mirror, showing Hal his grinning reflection.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop