The Deal: 1 (Off-Campus, 1)

The Deal: 1 (Off-Campus, 1)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

How do you feel about Lynyrd Skynyrd? Or do you only like bands where the guys coordinate their outfits?”

So what we have here is a New Adult book that treats its readers as if they are smart enough to follow a story without being manipulated unnecessarily. Is there some angst... yes. Is there some conflict... yes. BUT is it resolved without gut-wrenching long drawn out mindless crazy. It happens and then it is fixed. She looks so upset that I feel a pang of sympathy. Nell and I aren’t best pals or anything, but we’ve been sitting next to each other since September so it’s only reasonable that we’ve gotten to know each other. She’s on the pre-med path, and I know she comes from an overachieving family who would tar and feather her if they found out about her midterm grade. The narrated version is not at all what I expected -Ms. Avalon has a very deep and nasal-toned voice and does not fit for a 20 year-old woman OR a 20 year-old man (she is playing both characters -even though the books chapters are split between the male and female POV); her intonation is off and does not do the story justice. I found myself annoyed when really common phrases were narrated in a way that stressed words in an oddly -I have no idea how old Ms. Avalon is, but based on the narration, I am guessing she is significantly older than the characters and has never uttered similar dialogue in her everyday life.NOBODY TALKS LIKE THAT!!!! NOBODY!!!!! oh my god i’m so heated about this. I’m a college junior, the same age as the characters in this book, and i would r u n if someone started talking to me like this. Automatic no. Not to make Garrett sound bad, but I though he was going to cheat on Hannah while they were in their in between stage of dating before it was exclusive, but he stayed loyal even when they started to move in that direction. I wanted to jus hug him because he is so thoughtful when it comes to Hannah and her trying to figure out her body when it comes to being in an intimate relationship with a guy after finding out her past leading to her not drinking and being so wary. The make up is next Friday, which gives us a week and a half to study. I’ll write the exam, and then on Saturday night we’ll go to Maxwell’s party and show Loverboy how sexy and desirable you are. He won’t be able to resist, trust me.”

And I also am OBSESSED with the roommates. All their interactions had me in hysteria. Dean and Logan are literally so funny together and the banter that they have with Garrett had me in tears. Happy tears of course. And the fact that we get to see more of them in FOUR other books makes my heart burst with happiness. These books are my safe space. The writing was flawless and engaging and the story was told in such a way that will make you be invested in this story from the start.With an F to makeup and the scattered mess he made of Hannah's stuff... he sees an A on her midterm paper. Garrett knows what must happen... he needs Hannah to tutor him for the makeup exam... and he is determined to have her do it. When he makes up his mind about anything... there is no end until he reaches his goal... Garrett climbs on the bed and lies down, resting his head on a mountain of pillows. I’ve never met anyone who sleeps with so many pillows. Maybe he needs them to cradle his massive ego. Seriously, I knew a girl who slept her way through half the basketball team and the majority of the soccer team.

Characters Development: I loved, LOVED Garret. He was sweet, and sexy and completely honest. He had no problem in saying what he needed and making his intentions clear. A great hero. Hannah was pretty good as well, I loved how she wasn’t an whinny and insecure heroine (and she had reason to, believe me), but instead she was sassy and went after what she wanted, I really liked her. Their friends (of both of them) were awesome, I can’t wait to read their books. Especially Logan’s. Lina is aware that she cannot attend her sister’s wedding by herself. She hasn’t, however, made any time for dating, yet she told her mother that she is taking her extremely serious boyfriend. I am so, so sorry for not appreciating your perfection the first time I read The Deal. I strongly suspect that I was not ready to comprehend your otherwordly beauty, kindness and hotness. Perhaps the aforementioned hotness roasted my pathetic excuse of a brain. My heart, my body and my soul are yours. Please forgive me. Unfortunately the choice of narrator has kinda rained on my audiobook parade. I understand that it's not the author's choice for the narrator as once the rights are sold, it's out of their hands, but Audible Studios got it wrong big time as Lorelei Avalon did not have the right voice for these characters. Hers was a bit whiny and there was little distinction between the male and female characters. Garrett’s father tells Garrett he expects him to come over for Thanksgiving. Garrett brings Hannah, since they’re officially together now, and they meet Phil’s girlfriend. He’s clearly abusing her too. Garrett leaves after an angry conversation with his father.The Chase, a book in the same author’s Briar U series as The Deal, focuses on the tumultuous romance between Summer and Colin. Since she first met the enigmatic Colin, alias Fitzy, Summer has harbored feelings for him. She snorts. “Uh-huh. Well, sorry to burst your bubble, Mr. Perfect, but I’m not interested in dating you." Themes: Love, mental health, trust issues, family bonds, friendships, and trauma. Falling For The Groomsman – Diane Alberts Garrett is the ideal book-boyfriend if you were looking for one. He manages to be a tortured soul, manwhore without being a cheater or a disgustingly abusive guy! He was so manly and sweet at the same time. And the best is that he had a very funny side. I laughed so much with his wit and his charm. I love him so much that I got pissed of at Hannah for taking a stupid decision later that hurt him so much, but other than that I didn't have problems with this book.

The more time spent together, the more Avery begins to see a new side of Declan, and the farther they move from the dreaded friend zone. Declan even offers to assist Avery with tasks beyond simply shampooing her hair.This book was freaking AMAZEBALLS, with a heaping side of AWESOMESAUCE!!!! I don't think there are enough words in the English Dictionary to really express just how OVER THE MOON IN LOVE I am with this story!! This was utterly UNPUTDOWNABLE! I usually take days to finish a book, but this one grabbed on to me so tight and wouldn't let go. It is the best of 2015 so far, for me. All I wanted to do was to find a way to dive into this book and live with all these amazing characters that Elle Kennedy created. Well, I'd like to specifically take the place of Hannah so that I can have Garrett all to myself!!! Yes, my friends, I fell extremely hard for this man and he is going on my TOP TEN BBF list!! I might have to add him to my GR name as well!! My palms go clammy as I stare at his handsome profile. He’s new to Briar this year, but I’m not sure which college he transferred from, and although he wasted no time becoming the star wide receiver on the football team, he’s not like the other athletes at this school. He doesn’t strut through the quad with one of those I’m-God’s-gift-to-the-world smirks or show up with a new girl on his arm every day. I’ve seen him laugh and joke with his teammates, but he gives off an intelligent, intense vibe that makes me think there are hidden depths to him. Which just makes me all the more desperate to get to know him. This book was everything I wanted it to be and I found myself laughing out loud so much it was almost creepy! Well, okay I suppose it actually was creepy for the people who saw me reading it. *lol* But I just couldn’t help myself! Show me what you do to yourself when you’re alone,” he coaxes. “I…” The lump in my throat is too big to speak past. His voice grows hoarse and seductive. “Show me, and I’ll show you.”

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop