Charades Marvel X-Men Cyclops Costume, As Shown, Small

Charades Marvel X-Men Cyclops Costume, As Shown, Small

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

After they saved New York from Apocalypse and his Horsemen, X-Factor finally ended their charade and exposed their cover to the media. They became celebrities and a thankful designer, whom the team had rescued earlier that day, created a new look for them. The new costumes were similar to the X-Terminator uniforms but had a different color scheme (in Scott's case, white-on-blue instead of yellow-on-blue. [X-Factor (1st series) #26] David: The skin tubing screams ’90s weird and the gash in his face makes you want to roll your eyes. You don’t often see costumes that at once look overdone and simple. What a weird time in comics. Score: 2/10 Forrest: Nope. Nope. Uh-oh. Uh-oh. Whoops. There’s way too much going on here. I’ve no doubt this costume was a nightmare for artists with all the over-the-top detailing and worst of all it doesn’t even look comfortable or that cool. The chafing! Take care of yourself, ‘Clops! Score: 1/10

David: I was never a fan of this simple look because of the yellow underoos. The mostly blue spandex is cool and all, but it looks like he’s wearing a diaper. Overall, the costume has the right color, but it’s so subtle it reads to me like a costume they were trying out before they reached the real winner. Score: 6/10 Jason: Who knew the Pantene Pro-V conditioner factory made it through the nightmarish hellscape that was the Age of Apocalypse? I like that “evil” Cyke managed to keep his blue-and-yellow color scheme regardless of what reality he’s in, and I dig his scaled down headgear (what with his missing eye and all), but he’s got the same haircut that half of the Emo girls I knew in college ditched when they discovered bangs. I’ve also never understood the concept of armor on one arm. Hoping all your foes strike from the left, eh, Scott? Still, this isn’t a bad look for the defining X-Men arc of the ’90s, I just think dude wouldn’t find his true aesthetic for another decade or so. Score 7/10 Chris: When the time came for the original X-Men to ditch their blue-and-yellow school uniforms and become individuals… Scott did very little to mix it up. But you know what? It works for Slim! It’s hard not to love the costume Cyke wore in so many classic X-Men stories, but the bright yellow underwear and pirate boots are certainly an interesting choice. It would take a few decades, but Cyclops eventually set this look right. Score: 8/10Poseidon, the ancient Greek god of the sea, storms, earthquakes, and horses, was one of the most powerful of the twelve Olympians. Known as the “earth shaker,” Poseidon was the protector of seafarers. Considering Greece’s proximity to and dependence on the sea, it comes as no surprise that Poseidon is one of the oldest of the Greek gods. Eric: I know this look is popular, and I don’t dislike it, but… meh. Simple, sleek, relatively similar to his classic look, but not quite as good. This one is just fine for me. Score: 6/10

After the team had proved themselves in battle time and again, Xavier rewarded them with individualized costumes. This set was again designed by Jean, whom Xavier had secretly told of this plan before. Cyclops wore this rather simple outfit for the rest of his initial stint with the X-Men. [X-Men (1st series) #39] Gabrielle Kinney holds a unique place within the X-Men universe as the youngest among ten clones crafted by Alchemax Genetics from the genetic blueprint of Laura Kinney, a mutant originally developed by the Facility using Wolverine's DNA. Initially intended to serve as bodyguards for humanitarian missions, Gabby and her nine sisters were created with enhanced abilities. Away from her makers, Gabby's adventures now often include her companion, an actual wolverine Jonathan, a gift from Squirrel Girl. The iconic duo has endeared themselves to fans through their heartwarming escapades, and Solorzano's delightful fan art, portraying Gabby and Jonathan in Cyclops and Wolverine costumes, is certain to captivate new admirers.

Talking ‘Bronze Age Boogie’ with AHOY’s Stuart Moore

Forrest: I actually love this. It’s a refreshing but recognizable take on the character that, sure, falls prey to the same pouch predilections as the previous, but is offset by some cool details and flowy hair that is the envy of this bald man very much. Score: 8/10 Eric: I have mixed feelings on this outfit. I think how good it looks largely depends on who’s drawing it. Jim Lee could pull it off, but… well… that was Jim Lee. I don’t think Scott is a character whose designs benefit from having lots of unnecessary details. The pouches, the leg straps… a lot about this just looks kind of awkward. Score: 6/10 He’s been a leader and a revolutionary, a husband and a father, a hero and a villain–He’s Cyclops, the first X-Man. The many roles Scott Summers has played since his debut in 1963 have made him one of the X-Men and comics’ most complex characters. In honor of Slim’s full-fledged return from the dead in this week’s Uncanny X-Men Annual #1, AiPT! is proud to present: CYCLOPS WEEK!

The goddess was also associated with the owl and the snake. According to legend, Perseus gave the goddess the head of Medusa after slaying her, and Athena placed Medusa’s head on her shield, turning her enemies into stone. Poseidon. Credit: Dosseman/Wikimedia Commons/CC BY-SA 4.0 God of the sea makes for a powerful Halloween costume inspired by Greek mythology Forrest: There’s a good balance of colors and detail going on here, and for something that’s got so many things happening it’s surprisingly simple-looking. In the end, I think they would’ve been better served putting an extra red touch on the feet or hands, rather than you know… where it is. Score: 6/10 Forrest: I’m a big fan of these simple, X-centric (has that ever been a book title?) suits but this one misses the mark with the boots and the gloves like Jason noted. Cyclops… are you wearing the Chanel boots? Score 5/10 If there’s one thing superheroes usually aren’t, it’s ordinary. Their over-the-top flair extends not only to their powers and morals, but to their fashions as well. There are few super teams where this is more the case than the X-Men. In honor of Cyclops Week, we’re turning our attention to just some of the many costumes Scott Summers has worn through the years. Which of his looks is the best? Our panel of fashion judges, Cyclops Week Curator Chris Hassan, Content and Media Manager David Brooke, Contributor Jason Segarra, Contributor Forrest Hollingsworth and Manga Editor Eric Cline decide! The classic blue-and-yellow costume Chris: Bleh. While losing the bright yellow trunks was a move in the right direction, going from blue and yellow to blue and white was a pretty uninspired decision. This is like if vanilla ice cream was a costume. The “X” across the chest makes sense, but there are too many unnecessary lines–especially the one above his visor (which should have been a metallic white to keep with the theme). Score: 6/10

Marvel Preview: The Punisher #7

Jason: I know I badmouthed the close-domed suit of Cyke’s youth, but this is my second-favorite look in Cyclops’ more than 55-year publication history. There were a few variations of this one, including a version with a weird, spiky shoulder accessory, but the simple dark-blue, speed-skating outfit with gold piping is tops. I genuinely enjoy when my man goes casual and wears his hood down, but when he’s suited up, this is an outfit that definitely commands more respect than the pirate boots ever did. This is serious Cyclops–and serious Scott, is best Scott. Score: 9/10 David: This costume makes some sense given the armor he’s wearing, although that hair has to get in the way when fighting. This look appears to be an evolution of Jim Lee’s design but darker and brooding. I say it’s about as good. Score: 6/10 Jason: Yeah, not a fan of Aclopsalypse. I thought “The Twelve” storyline didn’t live up to its premise and have never really been a fan of Alan Davis’ pencils, but this has “rush job” written all over it. What are those iron handles popping out of his shoulders? What’s up with that random tube in his leg? Why does he only have one eye when the two people he’s composed of have both of their eyes. Mysteries for the ages, my friends. Score: 1/10 Picture this. Giant Sentinels roaming the broken down streets. They blast anyone down who doesn't fit their idea of what humanity should be. If you're a little bit different than normal people, they might just blast you to ashes because they think you're a mutant. If you wear any kind of spandex superhero suit, you're definitely going to get blasted. It's a future we're not too thrilled about...and a future that Charles Xavier and the X-Men have been fighting to stop for decades! If only there was some way you could help out...

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop