Another Life: The stunning love story and BBC2 Between the Covers pick

Another Life: The stunning love story and BBC2 Between the Covers pick

RRP: £14.99
Price: £7.495
£7.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

After forensic veterinarian Cooper Allen travels to the scene, the investigators soon uncover evidence of a chain of crimes in the community – disappearances, arson and mutilations – all culminating in the reveal of something deadly lurking in the ground itself. Switching between various timelines, we are shown how differing emotions affect each of the characters and the domino effect it has on their friends and family. But rekindling their relationship leaves Anna and Nick facing a terrible choice between a love that’s endured decades, and the promises they’ve made to others along the way.

Book Review: Another Life – Jodie Chapman – Beverley Has Read Book Review: Another Life – Jodie Chapman – Beverley Has Read

E perciò la vita di Nick è un continuo assorbire i colpi, assestarsi e ripartire; tanto che non possiamo fargliene una colpa, se poi lui stesso non riesce a decidersi, se trascina relazioni in cui non crede, se si lascia sfuggire i rari colpi di fortuna. A teenage girl who isn’t allowed outside, not after last time; a man who drinks alone in front of his TV, trying to ignore the gaps in his memory, and a house cat who loves napping and reading the Bible.

Another Life” is an intricate and heart breaking story about love and is also a superb coming of age novel, that asks “can you ever forget the one that got away? This is an absolutely beautiful read which spans decades, taking us from their teenage relationship, to the present day and back in time to Nick’s difficult childhood.

Another Life Jodie Chapman Review (Book Review) | MMB Book Blog Another Life Jodie Chapman Review (Book Review) | MMB Book Blog

Parece que para ellos nunca es el momento adecuado para estar juntos pero el amor siempre ronda en torno a ellos. Choć nic nie zapowiadało, że książka o nieszczęśliwej, heteryckiej miłości może mi się spodobać, przepadłem na dwa dni w lekturze. She’s grown up preparing for the end of days, in a tightly-controlled existence where Christmas, getting drunk and sex before marriage are all off-limits. I have to admit to putting down the book, walking away and then coming back to it because it had me bursting completely unexpectedly into tears. It would have been fascinating to explore how his relationships were impacted by his relationship with his father.I am not a religious person as all, and to be honest I'd probably be like Nick and questioning it, so it was a really great insight for me. The themes of 'Another Life' range from love in all its forms - whether familial, romantic or religious - to grief, guilt and betrayal. To tackle the growing threat from Moscow Centre, Nat is put in charge of The Haven, a defunct substation of London General with a rag-tag band of spies.

Another Life (Audio Download): Jodie Chapman, Oliver Chris Another Life (Audio Download): Jodie Chapman, Oliver Chris

I also have Jodie Chapman’s second novel, Oh Sister, on my TBR pile but I decided to start with her debut. However, we know that this is simply not the case – Nick is a complex character having to deal with so much, not least the awful situation with his little brother which is heartbreaking to read. We jump from one timeline to several others, and back, throughout the book, which, initially, I found quite confusing, but by the end, I understood.E' una storia che entra piano piano sottopelle e ci coinvolge nella sofferenza dei protagonisti, in alcuni punti mi sono commossa, ho spesso avuto il magone.

Another Life - Penguin Books UK

In effetti, la sensazione che ho avuto durante la lettura, quanto meno nella prima parte, è stata quella di un forte straniamento. The Lying Life of Adults follows the fortunes of an adolescent girl through changing family dynamics and growing self-realisation. Nick ha tanta pazienza con lei, cerca di capirla eppure non riesce a compiere quell'unico passo che potrebbe risolvere i loro problemi. Za recenzje otrzymałem wynagrodzenie i znajdziecie jej fragment na wyklejce książki wydanej przez Echa i przełożonej przez Szymona Żuchowskiego. Sensible twenty-two-year-old, Nick Mendoza, meets enigmatic nineteen-year-old Anna when he takes a job at his local cinema in Ashford and strikes up an immediate connection with his self-contained co-worker.The story moves back and forth across all these timelines in Nick’s life, and his love for Anna, his mother and later Laura are all sensitively written, believably complex and compelling to read. This is a used book - there is no escaping the fact it has been read by someone else and it will show signs of wear and previous use. Not many nineteen-year-olds were in the habit of handshakes or introductions, but like I say, she was different. These other themes add a depth to the story but none of it would have been so gripping if I didn’t care about the characters so much. La Chapman, forse, vuole suggerirci proprio questo: la nostra esistenza non è che il risultato di tanti eventi, incontri, sciagure, passioni, che ci hanno segnato.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop