Smiffys Only Fools and Horses, Rodney Costume, Camouflage with Jacket, Mock Shirt & Wig, Officially Licensed Only Fools and Horses Fancy Dress, Adult Dress Up Costumes

£15.49
FREE Shipping

Smiffys Only Fools and Horses, Rodney Costume, Camouflage with Jacket, Mock Shirt & Wig, Officially Licensed Only Fools and Horses Fancy Dress, Adult Dress Up Costumes

RRP: £30.98
Price: £15.49
£15.49 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The Batman and Robin scene from the episode was partially re-created by actors during the 2012 Summer Olympics closing ceremony. I dream of being a bit more like Villanelle (without the psychopathic tendencies, of course). She takes the same approach to her clothes as she does to everything else in her life: which is to indulge, devour, and exist for the simple end goal of pleasure and play. Her life is hilariously decadent: the fridge full of champagne, a dresser scattered with French perfumes and gold-embossed powder puffs. Before one kill, she fingers the victim’s silk bed throw, asking him where he got it from. She loves luxury, because why shouldn’t she? Who wouldn’t want to lie in silk sheets, walk through the Champs Élysées in Miu Miu, go clubbing in Berlin in a Dries van Noten suit, gatecrash a garden party in Burberry lace? I would, if I could afford it. Even then Del’s ambition knew no bounds as he upgraded his famous line, at the end of the show telling Rodney: “This time next year we could be billionaires!” Two things are true about Olivia Pope: she can handle the biggest of scandals and does so boasting the bougiest of coats. But Pope’s coats were more than a fashion statement, they were like extra characters in Scandal. Her sartorial choice reflected where she was emotionally and we got used to guessing turns the plot would take by her coat selection. Is that a white Max Mara number? Oh, a red leather Derek Lam trench? The show’s fans will tell you there’s no more classic a scene than the heroine pounding the pavements of Washington DC to fix the latest scandal with her belted coat billowing behind her. Pope’s outerwear changes were far too frequent and expensive for me to ever match. But it taught me a simple thing: my outfit can you tell my mood before I open my mouth. So it’s no coincidence that since watching the show my wardrobe has experienced an explosion of yellow. I am, in fact, aggressively happy and you’re going to know about it. Thank you, Olivia Pope, for teaching me your ways. GS Monty Don

Throughout this Only Fools and Horses moment, one thing is very clear. Trigger is very proud of his broom. But he's not the only one who is impressed by his tools. While talking in a café, Trigger shares with Del Boy and Rodney about his road sweeper broom that he's had for 20 years and how he received a medal for saving the council money. Talking about what it takes to keep a broom pristine, he later mentions that the broom's had 17 new heads and 14 new handles. Cue the looks of despair from the gang, and the inevitable question: "How the hell can it be the same broom then?" A family legend has it that, when I was six or seven, I wanted to be a barmaid. Not just any barmaid, but Bet Lynch of the Rovers Return. Nearly three decades later as a fashion journalist, it’s an anecdote I’m proud of. Those spangly tops, power-shoulder skirt suits and leopard-print everything say fierce, fearless and fabulous Come to think of it, it’s very autumn/winter 2018 (note to self: pitch piece on why Coronation Street is a sartorial archive ripe to mine this season). I have had the pleasure of working with him on several shows and David has always been so kind to me. First episode Heroes And Villains featured the one of the most memorable TV scenes of all time with Del and Rodney, dressed as Batman and Robin for a fancy dress party, thwarting muggers. Jodie Comer as Villanelle. Photograph: Robert Viglasky/Sid Gentle Films/Robert Viglasky Villanelle – Killing EveObviously scripts are important, but David is one of the best at delivering the punchlines and big one liners. The Seventies top show was the splashdown of Apollo 13 - 28.6million viewers and a decade later soap EastEnders 1986 Christmas special ruled with 30.15million Most Read On that night, to suggest that Rodney Trotter was anything other than my TV style icon was to deny a clear and obvious truth. Nobody at that party said, “Who are you?” or, “Have you come as yourself?” They all said “Look! It’s Del Boy and Rodney!” While my wife ended up donating her sheepskin coat to charity shortly afterwards – denying me the surreal experience of ever stepping out with a fit David Jason again – I decided to keep hold of the parka. I ended up wearing it most days until it was threadbare. What can I say, it suited me. TJ Olivia Pope – Scandal When Del Boy meets old friend Jumbo in this Only Fools and Horses moment, he realises the fake Australian doesn't have luscious hair. In fact, he's actually bald and wears a wig to cover it! Talk about a hairy moment... Keeping up with the Jonzes: Nicholas Lyndhurst as Rodney Trotter and David Jason as Derek ‘Del Boy’ Trotter. Photograph: BBC Rodney Trotter – Only Fools and Horses

I have worked with David a few times since the final show, but we never mentioned Only Fools’ great success,” he says. “Actors don’t talk about what you have done and dwell on success. It’s only my fondness for Blair Waldorf that made me persevere with Gossip Girl through to the last episode. Even as the teen drama had become increasingly ludicrous, Blair – the preppy queen bee of the Upper East Side – was so finely drawn, she could have been written by Jane Austen. She was ambitious, witty, loyal, self-sufficient, sometimes waspish. I fell in love with her barbed wit and then with her skater skirts. I could not access Blair’s wealth, but I could imitate her wardrobe. As a teenager, I saved pictures of her best outfits in a folder on my family’s PC: statement coats, blazers, floral prints and Francophile touches. It is hard to say what lasting impact Blair had on my personal style, but it is true that we are both never seen wearing trousers or even jeans. I drew the line at her fondness for headbands. Of course, I really wanted to be Angel. Handsome, broody, chest gaping from a satin shirt with one too many buttons open. And the object of adoration for Buffy the Vampire Slayer, despite being undead and occasionally evil. However, being a self conscious teenager baring my chest was out of the question, curly hair is never going to behave in angular spikes like that of David Boreanaz – and where do you even get a satin shirt from?

Rodney Trotter Costume

I know we felt pleased when we finished as it it was well directed and the lines were brilliant. To be greeted by that amount of viewers was fantastic.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop