Restore Me: The New Haven Series - Book #1

Restore Me: The New Haven Series - Book #1

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

You would say that.” He almost laughs. “But being kind does not come naturally to me, love. You’ll have to be patient with my progress.” Yall I’m so sorry but Chris could’ve done better he could’ve fought more he could’ve idk TOLD HER THE TRUTH?? The fact that I know this shit isn’t gonna be resolved for something like 12 years later is truly a tragedy. I mean, I know she’s probably a sociopath. And, like, would definitely murder me in my sleep. But damn she’s, wow,” he says. “She’s, like, batshit pretty. The kind of pretty that makes a man think getting murdered in his sleep might not be a bad way to go.” You will be made to feel lonely. Lost. You will long for validation from those you once admired, agonizing between pleasing old friends and doing what is right.” I look up. I feel my heart swell with pride as I stare at her. “But you must never, ever let the idiots into your head. They will only lead you astray.” Despite me not really having reread the first three books recently, I think both Juliette and Warner felt like the same characters, especially Warner. This was great to see because it would have been too easy (and crappy) to have them both be different people just because they’re in a relationship. Also, the book starts only two weeks after the events of Ignite Me, so it’s not like they could have changed that much in that time anyway.

I was an asshole. I took everything out on her. Blamed her for everything. For walking away from what I thought was one of the few sure things in my life. It’s my own fault, really. My own baggage. I’ve still got a lot of shit to work out,” he says finally. “I’ve got issues with people leaving me behind.” I still love and adore Kenji!!! He’s such an awesome best friend and he always brings some fun into the book. I swear if it wouldn’t have been for Kenji this entire book would have been a brooding feast, so thank you Tahereh for inventing that boy!!! *lol* The only thing I’m still missing is a Kenji POV so maybe we’ll finally get that in the next book? XD Ohh, I’d dig a Kenji POV so much!!! Haha! And since my wishes for a girlfriend/love interest were obviously heard the last time this wish might come true as well, right? XD *making huge puppy eyes* I guess the human heart can only stop so many times, can only take so much damage before it questions whether it’s worth it to be revived. My heart is on its last leg, but even that can’t stop me from seizing the chance to have him again.I slap his hand away. “I may not know much about being a supreme commander yet, but I do know that I’m not supposed to be cute.” Kenji’s eyes widen, surprised, and he laughs. He nods at my face and says, “Aw, you’ve got dimples. I didn’t know that. That’s cute.” And the grovelling ima need to see from Chris needs to be HEAVY because my girl Mal has been going through it for way too long😩 He’s hardly touched me and my heart is racing; memories crash over me, scalding me in waves: the weight of his body against mine; the taste of his skin; the heat of his touch and his sharp gasps for air and the things he’s said to me only in the dark.

I. SHIP. IT!!! Haha! I know Tahereh might have never intended her fans to ship Kenji and Warner but how couldn’t you?! *lol* Once they actually started to talk and stopped to be so hostile towards each other they were damn freaking cute! XD I loved their honest conversations and it made me happy that Kenji was able to make Warner smile! I mean he made him smile!!! That’s such an accomplishment! *lol* So yeah, I totally dig them! Sorry Tahereh! I can’t help it! ;-P Haider looks Juliette up and down then, examining her outfit, her hair, her plain, worn tennis shoes; and though he says nothing, I can feel his disapproval, his scepticism and ultimately – his disappointment in her. I don’t remember much about Castle in the original trilogy to be completely honest but here he was kind of a central character and he acted as sort of an advisor to both Warner and Juliette. He felt like the archetypical mentor figure of YA that I feel has kind of been lost in the past years’ new releases. I liked that he also tried to not completely overstep his boundaries, even though I found he could have tried to help more.Now there were some times of miscommunication that could be avoided, but i guess it was in line with their character and the things they went through and it added to the tension so i guess i didn't mind it that much. Overall i loved it and i will definetely read the rest of this series and more from this author. Restore Me is an enemies to lovers romance about forbidden romance and love after loss. It is the first book in the New Haven Series—an interconnected, series of stand-alone novels. This,” Warner says, spinning around so I might inspect the damage, “is not trimming the edges, you incompetent moron—” I call her my angel because that’s what she is to me. The promise of God’s love in human form, a treasure from heaven walking here on Earth.'

This book made me realize that Chris and Mal’s story was never going to be able to be a smooth journey because just like Mal said they really are a case of right person wrong time i don’t even know what to say about this book but it was heart wrenching, emotional, romantic, sweet, and so spicy. I, personally, despise widowed wife x dead husband's bestfriend. would i have read this if i knew that was the trope? no. it's my fault really, i heard it brings depression and i flew to read it. did it deliver? no, only one chapter made me emotional 😒 if the wife still loves her dead husband, i immediately hate the book because in my book universe, only one man exists for the fmc. Warner shakes his head. “I know I promised I would make an effort to be nicer to your friends—and I will continue to make that effort—but I hope I’ve not led you to believe I’m capable of an impossibility.”

Restore Me

This dude has been in love with the heroine for 12 years but has treated her like crap as a way to hide his feelings. Even after her husband died 4 YEARS AGO! It’s just dumb. How did I think people ruled the world? Did I really imagine it would be so simple? That I might control the fabric of society from the comfort of my boyfriend's bedroom?" I call her my angel because that’s what she is to me. The promise of God’s love in human form, a treasure from heaven walking here on Earth making the lives of every person she meets better. And that’s what she’s always been, even when her presence chafed against my skin and burned a hole in my heart.” I had no idea that one small decision would lead to this. A fake relationship—designed to solve her problems and mine—turned real. An earth shattering love torn apart by the very forces that led to its conception. Forces that turned me into the source of our destruction.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop