I'm a Therapist, and My Patient is Going to be the Next School Shooter: 6 Patient Files That Will Keep You Up At Night: 1 (Dr. Harper Therapy)

£3.995
FREE Shipping

I'm a Therapist, and My Patient is Going to be the Next School Shooter: 6 Patient Files That Will Keep You Up At Night: 1 (Dr. Harper Therapy)

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

There were many parts of the story that were confusing. The plot is quite complex and that’s okay, but it could have been better explained. It was interesting but also a bit too much. It could have been simplified or explained things better without taking anything away from the book. This should have been a longer book. It felt extremely rushed and it made me feel like I was on a roller coaster. In a not so good way, although it was still exciting. Kinda like, when you’re nauseous and scared, but you’re still trying to enjoy it while wondering if it’s almost over.

The Travel Bug Bite * The Travel Bug Bite Book Review * The Travel Bug Bite * The Travel Bug Bite

Let me start with saying that I did not love this book but I also didn’t hate it. It was so different and unique that I’m super impressed. But there’s a lot that I really didn’t like… but I’ll get to that a little later. I’ve seen it all… A boy who planned to be the next school shooter. A patient with OCD whose loved ones really did suffer every time he missed a ritual. A choir boy who claimed he was being molested — not by a priest — but by God Himself. A patient with PTSD who gave menightmares. A husband and wife who accused each other of abuse, and only one of them was telling the truth. I don’t like to be harsh, but right off the bat I knew I had been fooled a bit. While, yes, I knew this book was fiction and probably a bit… glamorized… to make it more interesting, I was expecting better. Better writing. Better story telling, Better story. The behavior of the characters was very out of character for who they were. A therapist who is basically stalking his patients at times, and treating his assistant completely innaporpriately. He even says, “I’m not proud of my actions” on more than one occasion. Any therapist that has to say that should not be a therapist anymore. Even a fake book therapist. Each “patient file” ended up having a link of sorts as a whole, but each one was about a different patient over the course of a lengthier bit of time. All in the eyes of the therapists notes. The problem is, my patients have a habit of dying. Sometimes I wonder if I’m the common denominator. Or maybe that’s just the cost of taking on exceptionally broken clients.I really loved how unique the story was… I haven’t read all the books in the world but I’m confident that there is nothing like this out there. It was really bizarre, in a good way, and super extreme. There were more twists that one could possibly imagine. The number of them is even more impressive given the shortness of this book. I came across this book on Facebook in one of my book groups I’m part of. I was instantly intrigued and knew I had to read it. How interesting of a concept to get to peak inside patient files, even if they are fiction, and read from that aspect of the story. Not something I have done before. So I was all in. YES! I had my husband read it right after me and he agrees. This book is crazy, weird, flawed, unique and words are just not sufficient enough to describe it adequately. But all the positive things about it make it a book that I would most definitely recommend.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop