Alone on the Wall: Alex Honnold and the Ultimate Limits of Adventure

Alone on the Wall: Alex Honnold and the Ultimate Limits of Adventure

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Jimmy Chin and Chai Vasarhelyi on location during the filming of Free Solo. (Photo by National Geographic/Chris Figenshau) of And I think that would be a seriously impressive Himalayan expedition - an expedition withHonnold and possibly his Fitzroy partner Caldwell unleashed on the high granite walls of the Trango Group would surely result in a spectacular ascent of something. But even at these high altitudes ad remote places, for Honnold, the art of climbing always seemingly distils down to one thing: Brown, Jake (2011). Jane's Addiction: In the Studio. SCB Distributors. p.9. ISBN 978-0-9834716-2-2. Archived from the original on 19 August 2020 . Retrieved 1 November 2016. Athletes. Risk takers. Dirtbags. Pioneers. Community builders. Outsiders. Leaders. Join us to hear the voices and stories of climbing’s past and future. Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Pink Floyd; 'The Wall ')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie . Retrieved 7 November 2020.

In 2000, Pink Floyd released Is There Anybody Out There? The Wall Live 1980–81, which contains portions of various live shows from the Wall Tour, but mainly the shows in the Earls Court in London. [115] In 2012, it was remastered and released on The Wall "Immersion" Box-Set as an extra. Alex likes to prepare his focus both physically and mentally before the climb. This is one of the reasons why he asked his then-girlfriend, Sanni McCandless, to leave El Capitan one week before his climb. In 2020, Alex married Sanni McCandless and hopes to focus on his relationship more in the future, with less time spent climbing. He still free climbs but he has also taken an interest in reducing his environmental impact. Alex started the Honnold Foundation in 2012, to provide solar energy solutions worldwide.Alex Honnold cleaning his van in Yosemite National Park, California. (Photo by National Geographic/Jimmy Chin) of I have a journal of everything I've ever climbed since 2005. For the entry about free soloing Half Dome, I put a frowny face and added some little notes about what I should have done better, and then underlined it. Turns out that is one of my biggest climbing achievements." Nyman, Jake (2005). Suomi soi 4: Suuri suomalainen listakirja (in Finnish) (1sted.). Helsinki: Tammi. p.130. ISBN 951-31-2503-3. The climbing and travel in this book wouldn’t have been possible without the support of my entire extended family. I’m grateful that everyone has always encouraged my adventures and not questioned my decision to take a different path.”

The Englishman obsessed with preserving China's Great Wall". South China Morning Post. 4 April 2020 . Retrieved 18 July 2020.

In the years after the expedition to Chad, I started the Honnold Foundation, a small non-profit that was my attempt to do something positive in the world. I sought out projects that both helped the environment and improved people's standards of living. The more I researched, the more I gravitated toward solar." Discos de Oro y Platino" (in Spanish). Cámara Argentina de Productores de Fonogramas y Videogramas. Archived from the original on 31 May 2011. Classifica annuale 2010 (dal 28.12.2009 al 26.12.2010)" (in Italian). Federazione Industria Musicale Italiana . Retrieved 19 April 2021. One man's mission to walk The Wall with a drone". BBC News. 6 January 2017 . Retrieved 18 July 2020.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop