Ailsa Bay Sweet Smoke Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 70 cl

Ailsa Bay Sweet Smoke Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 70 cl

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

One of the things I love about Ailsa Bay is how it delivers a perfect example of how regionality in Scotch whisky has eroded. It is rarely, if ever, relevant nowadays as this is a peated Lowland Scotch. That’s not the typical ‘Lowland style’, but it works and is a beautiful whisky too. More on that soon. The Auchentoshan single malt whiskey is among the best Lowland single malt scotches. It’s unique taste comes from the fact that this whiskey is matured in casks of three different types. The production process starts in American Bourbon casks, carries on in Spanish sherry casks, and finally, it is matured in Pedro Sherry Casks, giving a rich and complex flavor of sherry and toffee. It is old-fashioned and very fine in its regard. The extra layer of fruit and sweetness offers its rich taste and fruitiness. Nose

We may sell, license, transfer, assign or in any other way dispose of the Service (including Members) to any third party without any notification to you, e.g. (but without limitation) in connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets.

Ailsa Bay contains 21 PPM, the precise measurement of the phenol content in parts per million, which is assessed prior to bottling and is also the only Scotch whisky to undergo ‘Micro Maturation’. The distilleries new make spirit is first filled into Hudson Bay Bourbon Casks that are between 25-100 litres in size for six to nine months to mature. They are then transferred into virgin, first fill and refill American oak casks for several years. The process the first of its kind within the Scotch whisky industry. Our Tasting Notes Regardless of whether the Service offers the functionality to contribute, you are solely responsible and liable for any content and information that you create, upload, post, publish, link to, duplicate, transmit, record, display or otherwise make available on the Service or to other Members, such as chat messages, text messages, videos, audio, audio recordings, music, pictures, photographs, text and any other information or materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted (“Contributions”). Here, we list the 12 best scotch whiskey from the Lowlands, which you can get off the shelf at most liquor outlets. Glenkinchie 12 Year Old

Ailsa Bay sweet smoke comes from Girvan Distillery, a famous distillery from grain whiskey. The distillery is located in Lowlands and was built in 1963 by William’s grandson Charles Gordon. It is the second single malt released by the distillery and has more sweetness than the first release of Ailsa Bay. The sweetness of Ailsa Bay sweet smoke has been increased to 119 SPPPM. The whiskey is matured in the Hudson baby bourbon barrels for 6 to 9 months. After the first fill aging process, it is refilled in American Oak and Virgin oak for several years. NoseThe Ailsa Bay Sweet Smoke comes with an aroma of woody smoke with a hint of the bonfire and damp heather. The scent is followed by oaky sweetness and vanilla with orange peel. Palate Best Egyptian – Devlin: another country to add to my list of whisky producers. Unsurprisingly, I’d not heard of Devlin’s whisky before the first round of the awards were announced, but it is now firmly on my to-find list. This has been since spirit ran from its stills in 2007, although more and more people seem to be talking about it and indeed drinking it if the conversations I have with people at my GreatDrams whisky tastings are anything to go by. The palate is powerful, don’t let me words about it not being as brutal as an Islay fool you, this is a gateway whisky into the peated single malt scotch whisky category, but it is one that delivers on everything a peated whisky should be; peaty, orange citrus notes, warm honey and soft vanilla notes present too with a long, spicy finish too. Wonderful.

Kingsbarns Balcomie is released by Kingsbarns distillery, which released its first core range of single malt whiskey in 2019. It is made up of locally grown fife barley. It is specially matured in American oaks that were previously held by oloroso sherry. The Kingsbarns Balcomie is one of the top-selling single malts of Lowland distillery. The casks used for maturing are chosen for their oak flavor and sherry-rich sweetness to compliment the spirit. It is a perfect balance of spirit and wood. Notes The single malt has a balanced palate to offer with rich oak vanilla notes. It also provides a smoky, fruity, and creamy flavor due to the different maturation process that also gives deeper toasty oaks. Finish

PPM:

If we decide not to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms, such decision shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Despite sounding over-engineered, curiously it all makes sense and really does work. Especially given that Ailsa Bay is one of the world’s most technologically advanced distilleries.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop