The Wim Hof Method: Activate Your Potential, Transcend Your Limits

The Wim Hof Method: Activate Your Potential, Transcend Your Limits

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

There is some good information here (respectable studies that have looked at his method, for example) and I do expect more studies to confirm the benefits of cold exposure and breathing exercises (we should not need studies to confirm common sense, might I say). Hof’s story has inspired people throughout the world to push their limits and achieve things they never thought were possible. It’s not what you expect to hear from someone whose nickname is the Iceman, a moniker he’s earned for enduring freezing temperatures, and setting 26 world records, including running a half marathon above the Arctic Circle, and climbing to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro in shorts. There are a lot of health benefits that people have claimed, starting from improved physical performance and mental health to cured/alleviated medical conditions based on inflammation.

For me, this is the interesting part as it feels Wim is closing in on a way to take the black box off concepts such as spirituality and placebo. On February 17th I was diagnosed with Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s, two autoimmune diseases that led me to further develop hyperthyroidism. I go ahead and get my suffering over with in the cold showers, so I don't have to suffer throughout the day. The method is simple and accessible for everyone and is backed by many scientific studies and experiments. Qualified and capable, our certified Wim Hof Method® Instructors offer a wide range of activities all over the world.

It’s absolutely mind blowing just what we can achieve by activating or minds, connecting to our breath and combining those two things for the greater good of ourselves, those around us and the entire Multiverse. However, it could have finished at chapter 10, there was a lot of repetition that made the end boring.

That said, the book is about the method and from an author who put their ego aside and invested their life on a w(h)im!I have been doing the Wim Hof method for a few years now, but I never fully realized the full potential of it and to how many scientific discoveries it led.

Its a shame, as I believe what he espouses may be beneficial to folks, but the book does nothing to aid his case: I won't be attempting to climb Everest in nothing but a pair of Y-fronts filled with ice-cubes any time soon. I love cold showers now, and I don't want to talk about that too much, but I look forward to taking a shower, and I even try and justify taking a 2nd shower sometimes so that I can feel that exhilarating rush when the body jumps into survival mode with the shock of the freezing cold water. I have mixed feelings on this one: I couldn't wait to try the breathing method and cold showers (went in about 1/4 of the book) and at the same time I disliked the rambling and lack of editorial finesse. The only definitive book authored by Wim Hof on his powerful method for realizing our physical and spiritual potential. Went for my appointment at the endocrinologist on March 17th and my levels are all now back to normal!

Refined over forty years and championed by scientists across the globe, you'll learn how to harness three key elements ofCold,BreathingandMindsetto master mind over matter and achieve the impossible. Armed with focus and determination you are ready to explore and eventually master your own body and mind. Things quickly changed in 2011 following the first Radboud University study which showed he was able to voluntarily influence his autonomic nervous system.

Whether you are looking to improve your athletic performance, relieve symptoms related to a health condition, or are just curious to find out what the Wim Hof Method® is all about— there’s something to be found for everyone. Before reading this book, I listened to Wim Hof's first podcast with Joe Rogan and watched the Vice documentary. Hof has broken the record for the longest duration full body contact with ice a whopping 15 times over the years. The reason I started the course is because I was curious about the effects it would have on my arthritis and my energy level. As he began feeling that his life had lost meaning, he started to swim in ice-cold rivers to numb his pain.InThe Wim Hof Method, this trailblazer of human potential shares his simple three-pillar approach thatanyonecan use to improve health and performance - and see real results within just a few days. After incorporating the Wim Hof Method into my daily life I have begun to see results in my pain levels and athleticism. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop