Spider from Mars: My Life with Bowie

Spider from Mars: My Life with Bowie

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Drummer Woody Woodmansey is the last surviving member of Bowie’s band The Spiders from Mars which helped launch his Ziggy Stardust persona and made David Bowie a sensation. The anecdotes that are related in the book are mainly not ones that a person would expect to be told by a man in his early twenties (at the time) regarding the massive impact that this group of musicians had on the world in general who toured the entire planet. But that time period is now 40 or fifty years gone.

Woody Woodmansey has since issued his own statement and says that due to his “medical exemption” from the Covid-19 vaccination his Holy Holy band mates “do not feel safe having me involved.” The only Bowie tribute band endorsed by Woody Woodmansey (David Bowie's drummer) comes to Brookside Theatre in August. Picture: Kate Hunter (Image: Kate Hunter) Photographer Chris Duffy calls the image “the Mona Lisa of pop”. It was shot by his father, Brian Duffy, a renowned celebrity photographer who died in 2010. Bowie and Brian Duffy enjoyed a fruitful creative partnership: Aladdin Sane was the first of three album covers they shot together.To so many people, he wasn’t just an artist they were into, it was almost like he was a family member. That was new knowledge to me. It confused people,” Cann says. “And I can understand that. But if you’re a Bowie fan and understand what was going on, you know that it was completely different.” And then comes the choice – travel to London to be in Bowie’s band or stay in Driffield and have a normal life. We all know the answer to that one.

And the interaction with fans was very different three years ago when news broke of the death of his bandmate, leader and inspiration.Woodmansey has also played with Art Garfunkel, [15] was a member of the band Cybernauts, [16] and is currently the featured drummer with 3-D. He also co-led, with Visconti, the supergroup Holy Holy, performing Bowie songs from the 1970s, including the full The Man Who Sold the World album. Woodmansey toured with Holy Holy in September 2014, and followed up with tours of the UK, US and Japan during the following two years. The group has featured Erdal Kızılçay, Glenn Gregory, Steve Norman, Marc Almond and James Stevenson. [ citation needed] It was announced that Woodmansey would not be participating in the 2022 Holy Holy tour, due to his being unvaccinated with regard to COVID-19. Woodsmansey said he had a "medical exemption" from the vaccine while saying he harbouring no "negative feelings" towards the band and a spokesperson for the band issued a statement that "It is incredibly sad that personal beliefs over the vaccine has lead[ sic] to the break-up of the original incarnation of the band". [17] Three no-nonsense blokes from the north, the Hype soon became the Spiders From Mars, and were pulled into Ziggy Stardust’s orbit.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop