Synners: The Arthur C Clarke award-winning cyberpunk masterpiece for fans of William Gibson and THE MATRIX (S.F. MASTERWORKS)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Synners: The Arthur C Clarke award-winning cyberpunk masterpiece for fans of William Gibson and THE MATRIX (S.F. MASTERWORKS)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The story contains an interesting premise and explores what might happen (and go wrong) when the brain and cyberspace become too closely connected. But there were several things about the way this was executed that I didn't like.

Synners: The Arthur C Clarke award-winning cyberpunk

Just FYI: I never wear a cardigan when I write. I used to, but when I got a computer, the auto-correct elves would get so confused, they’d have a nerv Just FYI: I never wear a cardigan when I write. I used to, but when I got a computer, the auto-correct elves would get so confused, they’d have a nervous breakdown and screw up all the headers in the manuscript. Strictly T-shirts now.We have certainly not been immune to the financial impacts of the coronavirus pandemic, but we are passionate about helping our community whenever and wherever we can. She currently liv Pat Cadigan is an American-born science fiction author, who broke through as a major writer as part of the cyberpunk movement. Her early novels and stories all shared a common theme, exploring the relationship between the human mind and technology.

Pat Cadigan (Author of Synners) - Goodreads

Myman, Francesca (November 13, 2016). "Pat Cadigan: The Future We Promised You". Locus Online . Retrieved August 9, 2022. This period also saw the emergence of three more 400+ Synthonia appearance makers with Barney Malone (1987-2008, 420 appearances), Glen Corkain (1989-2003, 443 appearances) & Sean O'Brien (1989-2002, 438 appearances) joining the Synners ranks.One element which I did like about this was the sheer amount of female characters. A lot of the time I read books by male authors when reading SFF and I think over time that has made me accept the 'token' women in the story more than I should. This book, being written by a lady, has about a 50/50 split of male/female characters, and that alone was truly refreshing. He smiled his dreamy little smile at her. "Ah, but I think we're approaching a kind of corruption unlike anything we've ever known before, Sam-I-Am. Sometimes I think we may be on the verge of an original sin." In SYNNERS the line between technology and humanity is hopelessly slim; the human mind and the external landscape have fused to the point where any encounter with reality is incidental.

Synners by Pat Cadigan - Eyrie Review: Synners by Pat Cadigan - Eyrie

The man's smile was unexpectedly broad and sunny. 'That's a good way to put it. How did you know? [...] My whole life has been, "Okay, change for the machines." Every time they bring in a new machine, more change.' Cadigan emigrated to London in 1996, where she is married to her third husband, Christopher Fowler (not to be confused with the author of the same name). She became a UK citizen in late 2014. [4] Writing career [ edit ]As story progresses we, readers get a better understanding what’s going on and there is an interesting mix of great predictions and errors that seem obvious. The most glaring inconsistency is an absence of web search engine, like Google now and AltaVista in 1995. Yes, the web itself was announced in 1990 and first web-searchers appeared in 1993 but search function was used earlier both on local computers and pre-WWW networks. Instead in the book they crawl through directory trees. The strongest prediction is user-generated video content (think YouTube). In 2013, Cadigan announced that she had been diagnosed with cancer. [8] She underwent surgery after an early diagnosis, suffered a relapse some years after, and recovered after extensive chemotherapy. [9] Bibliography [ edit ] In many ways this book simply reinforced my opinion that I don't really like "cyberpunk". Apparently another of the leading beacons of the sub-genre and another that I have broadly not liked.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop