The Awakening: The Dragon Heart Legacy, Book 1

The Awakening: The Dragon Heart Legacy, Book 1

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This book completes the quest for the death of Odran and the freedom of the Fey. An epic battle scene and the inner strength Breen finds to fulfill her promise to the Fey and her heritage come late in the book, but that's fine. This story is really about love. Love of family, of culture, of heritage, of people. So when all of a sudden he admitted to himself being attracted to her I had a rough time believing it. From this point forward though I got to see a softer side of him. His connection with Breen though was a bit of a stretch. I hope that this will become more natural in the next book. Talamh is on the brink of disaster. An evil being who had been vanquished has returned, and he is intent on harming Breen. Keegan, the leader of this alternate world, begins to instruct her on self-defense as others show her the ways of magic. We see Breen grow and blossom into the person she already might have been had her father not left.

This book so perfectly summed up the rest. Marco, the absolute best friend anyone could ever had. Their friendship won out so many things for me. When he asked Breen, "Who knows you like I know you?" there was no other answer but, "Nobody in any world anywhere." I love that the respect on friendship was such a large part of this series. Los padres de Breen se divorciaron cuando tenía doce años, y ella nunca volvió a saber nada de él hasta que descubre que su padre le ha estado mandando dinero durante catorce años. La relación de Breen con su madre nunca fue buena, pero tiene todo el cariño y amor que necesita gracias a su mejor amigo y compañero de piso gay, Marco, y al personal gay y trans de la discoteca Sally's. Other, minor complaints: protagonist starts a blog. It immediately gets like 100 views and 25 comments. Laughable. It’s 2020. Blogs are barely a thing anymore.I feel like this trilogy led so much into personal growth and what belief can do when it comes from your own heart. I love that Breen had her "I would be enough" moment. I love that while Keegan and her were always going to be the conclusion, it wasn't the plot. I usually enjoy Nora Robert's romantic fantasies, and this one is no exception. They're usually set in Ireland, and I love the descriptions of the country and the way she uses Irish myths in the stories. I think they've been all portal fantasies, and there's a combination of modern and a more folkloric world in the books. This one is a bit of a slow burn, the first book setting up Breen and her friends as she discovers her heritage and delves into the world of Talamh. One of the highlights of the story is the plethora of wonderful relationships. Friendships, romantic relationships, and family bonds prove strong and unwavering. One relationship that I loved in The Becoming and continue to love in this book is between Breen and her grandmother Marg. Marg is so fantastic! She shows Breen in a dozen different ways how much she loves, supports, and understands her granddaughter. A wise and strong woman, Marg is not only a wonderful grandmother, she is also a great teacher and mentor. I think this relationship is important because Breen didn’t have it for most of her life. In fact, she didn’t have a strong and supportive female role model in her life until she reconnected with Marg, and it’s plain to see that both were missing the connection.

The inclusion of LGBT and non-binary characters in romance becomes more and more normal, as it should, and I couldn't be happier about it. Marco wasn't just Breen's best friend by name, he was amazing, a constant in her life. And Sally was a delight!I am going to be unusually frank. I was disappointed by my reading experience with this installment. I thoroughly enjoyed the first two books. I gave them each five stars or close. There’s magic and all sorts of creatures like trolls, mermaids, werewolves, elves, fairies, and witches. And best of all, there are dragons – dragons that only good can ride- beautiful, glorious dragons. And you all know how I love dragons. It’s got everything I love, and when you combine that with my history of reading and loving Nora Robert’s fantasy stories, this should have been a love fest of a review. This was an interesting first book in a series that very much felt like a very extended introduction. The bulk of the middle of this book was the training sequence in any chosen one narrative. It wasn't entirely unenjoyable, it just went on for so long. The beginning bit was a really descriptive vacation story that also went on for too long. Mists, shimmering silver fingers, rose over the pale green water of the lake. They twined and twisted toward a sky quietly grey, while in the east, over the hills, a pink blush waited, like a held breath, to waken.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop