Breathless: This year’s most gripping thriller and Sunday Times Crime Book of the Month

£7.495
FREE Shipping

Breathless: This year’s most gripping thriller and Sunday Times Crime Book of the Month

RRP: £14.99
Price: £7.495
£7.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I still wouldn’t say I LIKED them, but they were at least better than everyone else (and there really was a LOT of characters). She’s come to Manaslu, the eighth-highest peak in the world, to interview internationally famous mountaineer Charles McVeigh on the last leg of a record-breaking series of summits. Breathless by Amy McCulloch is an adventurous thriller novel that takes place upon Mount Manaslu in Nepal. For anyone interested, I would also recommend listening to the audiobook since it was quite good and definitely helped keep me going to the finish. I just wish this had a bit more meat on the bones and a more satisfying payoff for the excellent build up.

Breathless by Amy McCulloch | Waterstones Breathless by Amy McCulloch | Waterstones

She knows what it’s like to be plopped down in a community of ambitious and sometimes disagreeable strangers in a setting that requires mutual trust. AMY McCULLOCH is the author of Breathless, as well as eight novels for children and young adults, including the internationally bestselling YA novel The Magpie Society: One for Sorrow. Het boek bevat wel redelijk wat specifieke termen die van doen hebben met het bergbeklimmen, wat het niet altijd even verstaanbaar maakt voor een leek (mezelf meegerekend). A very successful alpinist is going to climb an 8000 metre peak and wants her to do the interview with him when he succeeds.But, not reaching the summit means not getting the biggest interview of her career, the one that will make giving up everything for this trip, worth all the losses. where she is passionate about helping overwhelmed women to simplify their life, home and business so that they can start creating a life filled with what matters most to them.

Breathless by Amy McCulloch | Goodreads Breathless by Amy McCulloch | Goodreads

There were SO many unnecessary details and storylines, about mountaineering and characters (what did James add?

The pace was slow and I should have probably listened to my reading buddies Jan and Marialyce who gave up on this one. Het boek heeft me dus wel degelijk zeer kunnen bekoren en hopelijk schrijft McCulloch nog meer van deze whodunits.

Watch the Story Behind Breathless… - Amy McCulloch

I was going to say that I hated all of the characters, but Elise had moments where she was okay, as did Zac. I also found certain aspects of the plot to be a little redundant, such as Cecily's relationship with her ex boyfriend which adds nothing to the plot. However as they ascend further up the mountain people start to go missing and the bodies begin to pile up. Cecily vows to let nothing get in the way of her dream interview, especially not the fact she is a novice at best when it comes to climbing. mcculloch was part of the team led by mountaineering luminary nimsdai (“nims)” purja, who was at that time undertaking his renowned, record-breaking “project possible” - a mission to complete all fourteen 8000-metre summits in seven months.Her story about that failure is what attracted the attention of internationally famous mountaineer Charles McVeigh.

Breathless: This year’s most gripping thriller and Sunday

Highly recommended for readers who would enjoy a gripping adventure/survival story and murder mystery with compelling, intriguing characters.

Cecily krijgt van hem echter een voorstel: ze krijgt het interview als ze zelf ook deelneemt aan de beklimming én de top behaalt. When she's invited onto an expedition to the summit of Mt Manaslu with one of the world's most illustrious and media shy mountaineers, she seizes the opportunity. One of the most addictive novels I've read so far this year, Amy McCulloch's Breathless is a rollercoaster ride of a read, a chilly thriller written descriptively and with a flair for scene setting that really digs into the readers consciousness.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop