The Rig

The Rig

RRP: £9.99
Price: £4.995
£4.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

CARPology News 19-01-2022 11:59:13 The Ultimate Rig Guide 10th Anniversary! This new guide brings rig-tying and knowledge up to date for 2022 and tells you everything you need to know about every rig ever publicised. ‘What, why, when and how’ are all covered. Gehenna is a deeply religious planet where godly writ is followed by all of its inhabitants. The inhabitants are religious fundamentalists who believe in living pure lives. Bleak is a windswept planet where life is harsh. The landscape on Bleak is dominated by enormous rigs that are used to extract the planet's molten core. There's also an unsaid planet that is an enigma to all, because it has retreated into protected seclusion, and there's an asteroid known as Peco. The events that led to the explosion on the Kinloch Charlie rig are revealed, and Coake's part in them, as well as his true purpose on board and Pictor's plans. The crew races to find a solution as Rose and Fulmer work out the horrifying extent of what the coded messages they have discovered really mean. Magnus, Rose, and Fulmer go to help Baz stop the Ancestor from triggering another Storegga Slide. Coake attempts to finish his mission to kill the organism by doing the same as on Kinloch Charlie, but the crew manages to stop him. Rescue helicopters come to evacuate the crew of the Kinloch Bravo, but Baz stays behind. A tsunami is created and the rescued crew watches as it destroys the rig and heads towards the shore, presumably wiping out the coastline. Wardens Are Evil - The Warden is using The Rig for his own purposes. He's obsessed with Crystal-X, a blue drug-like substance that gives superpowers to those exposed to it... generally with a price attached.

This was such a unique epic science fiction adventure. This story managed to be both entertaining and also incredibly smart. I encourage readers to go in without knowing too much of the plot. If you are like me, you will immediately want to reread the entire thing as soon as you finish. Despite the vast scope of the story, and having to build a completely new and fantastical universe, the story is still very human, and manages to spend its time establishing very real, very flawed characters. There are very few, if any, purely ‘good’ people in this story. It isn’t a good vs evil tale with clear distinctions between heroes and villains. Instead, it’s a story driven by human desires and motivation. Yes, some of these do become twisted and lean more towards the ‘evil’ side of the spectrum, but you can see why people begin down certain paths and understand their reasoning’s. First I really enjoyed the narrative, told through multiple perspectives, which made the story feel very epic in scale. Eventually the various characters start to come together as the story progressed with some gripping twists and turns. At times the plot felt a bit unruly and could have been tightened up in places. Yet at the same time, the sprawling narrative made the story feel so wonderfully and expansive. The ending was strong which is particularly impressive for such a long, complicated story. I was impressed how the author pulled together all the threads into a satisfying conclusion. As soon as I finish, I wanted to start and read the entire story again (which is exactly what I did).As the crew triesto discover what’s driving this unknown force, a huge accident forces them into considering who they can really trust. Bonds are broken, allegiances formedand generational fault lines are exposed. The crew of the Kinloch Bravo is driven tothe limits of both theirloyalties and endurance.

But with things so hard, and religion - 'goddery' - generally disdained, people need something to believe in and this role is taken by AfterLife, a system of preserving the near-dead in stasis until their condition is curable. Memories are harvested first, and when cures are found, public votes - based on the lives of the preserved - determine who will receive them. There are four main stories involved in The Rig, one that is a recounting of the life of a troubled yet brilliant many Alef, and three others that appear separate, but become interconnected through the greater mystery; the journalist/storyteller Razer, the washed up police officer Bale, and the loner Tallen.

The story starts very abrupt and only very slowly do you get information about the world(s), what has happened, how things work. At first that leads to confusion but as in the end everything comes together, everything becomes clear. Some details didn't make sense, some came across as mistakes (first Bale didn’t have a visor and suddenly he did?, Belleger is suddenly mentioned in a dialogue instead of Drame (Belleger has already left the room)), others just didn't make sense to me (like why the complex scheme to get Tallen to the rig, why wouldn't a drifter do, how did Pellonhorc know his cancer would be contagious?) I had my mind screech to a halt on several occasions when the plot did not go at all where I expected it to Robinson, Gregory (2 September 2021). "The Rig: First Look At Martin Compston's New Thriller Series". Tyla . Retrieved 17 September 2021. Every scientific research basic is made my 4 Vedic rig Sam yedur adar Ana but foreigners was copied to build up but we provide real India we theee people greatest nuclear blasts in Mahabharata lord Krishna history the explained about nuclear power Reply An old oil platform that had been converted into the world's first floating rehabilitation center. The Rig was actually five platforms, one at each point of the compass, connected by networks of metal walkways and orange pipes, and a final platform in the middle of the structure. From the air, the Rig was shaped almost like a diamond.

I liked the writing style, I loved the font, I was interested in the story to begin with but it became an enormous flop. The book starts slowly, establishing the friendship between the two main characters, and the world they are living on. It's not a pretty society, either, because it follows a pretty rigid interpretation of the Bible. At any rate, the story follows the two characters and several other plotlines. One thing that kept me reading, in fact, was waiting to see how Mr. Levy was going to tie all the different stories together. And, when he finally did so, it was only partially in ways I had expected. a b c Ferguson, Brian (9 December 2022). "The Rig: Martin Compston, Iain Glen and Emily Hampshire return to Edinburgh to launch Scotland's supernatural North Sea thriller". The Scotsman . Retrieved 13 December 2022.

Hindus , who have children , young , consider this as a father , who knows that our holy scripts has all the required prayers that needs to be done for a free path for our children. I was not afforded that opportunity , even though my father was a hindu priest.

Even with my dad and lots of my friends working offshore, having heard all the stories, it is nothing compared to being there and up close.' The big question is, is the series any good? Yes, but temper your expectations. The Rig isn’t groundbreaking or anything that will blow you out of the water. While some aspects of the story were predictable, I was still invested in seeing how the entire thing would resolve. Another thing that makes it worth watching is how easy it is to binge. You have six 40-50 minute episodes making it a one or two-sitting watch (depending on how you binge). Alef is an especially intriguing protagonist, because he is a talented and intelligent boy. There's something about his character that reminds me of people who have Asperger's syndrome, because he thinks in numbers and has difficulties to empathise with others. Abysmal. I made a Goodreads account specifically to note how bad this book is. If this is the best British scifi has to offer then no wonder the genre is floundering. Razer’s storyline is a waste of time. Tallen’s is a waste of time. Bale’s is a waste of time. The only storyline that even remotely matters is Alef’s and even then it doesn’t need to be this long.The industry up there just feels like it's thriving and [on previous jobs] people would come up to the location shoots - I've even done that myself on a big location movie - and then we come down and do the studio down south.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop