Pledge 11182 Revive It Floor Gloss, 27 Ounce, Clear Transparent Liquid

Pledge 11182 Revive It Floor Gloss, 27 Ounce, Clear Transparent Liquid

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

What people have to be careful is to not to end up getting floor wax, as some have, and then go think/mention that it doesn't work. Is the bottle I bought today a waste of money? I am almost out of my old bottle of Pledge and went to Walmart for a new bottle. I just happened to notice the ingredients (on the inside of the label) are quite a bit different from the old bottle. Many more ingredients/chemicals. Here's a couple other alternatives suggested on the dirty dirty Facebook that are CLAIMED to work. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I have plenty of Tamiya X-22 on hand so I may shoot that when my older bottle of Pledge runs out in a year or two .

Thanks for the very helpful responses. I really appreciate the suggestions/recommendations that you have given me. Pledge Floor Care is an excellent product for scale modellers to use instead of other gloss finishes by Tamiya, Gunze and the like. Although the initial outlay is high, the quantity in the bottle is enough to last a very long time. Also really good for clear plastic parts like canopies. Pledge have re-branded their product once more. It’s called Pledge Revive It and has the identical qualities as before. Here was the response when we asked for info regarding the product: Effective on a Variety of Flooring Types X-22 can be thinned in a few ways, to include Tamiya acrylic thinner, Tamiya lacquer thinner, Mr Leveling thinner, hardware store lacquer thinner, isopropyl alcohol or denatured alcohol. The amount is according to what you want to accomplish. So with all that said, I generally use either hardware store lacquer thinner or DNA. And I generally thin it no less than 50-50 ( in the paint world that means 100% reduction or equal volumes of each). I generally don't thin it more than 125% which is a bit more than 50/50 thinner to paint. It's something you play around with and get a handle on doing for yourself. I can't even imagine the corporate decision for this. Don't people take care of their floors anymore.

SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Ive used Future as my go to gloss since the mid 90s when I started noticing decals solution interaction with Testors rattlecan stuff. I started to see stains/tide marks under the topcoat from where the solutions had been. Light at first, but visible enough to be noticed. So then I tried Micro Gloss and Micro Flat. The gloss worked great, but the flat coat gave me problems and I did not have the patience at the time to work thru the problems, so I ditched the stuff, then switched to Future and various bottled flat/matt and satin/semi gloss coats as needed. Currently my go to flat coats are: Humbrol, Tamiya, or Future with Tamiya Flat base added. It does have some minor additives and so it is not pure polyurethane, it is made with acrylic polymers, so same "family" as polyurethane).

I was a bit wary of this at first so made sure I did a test on the underneath of my oak table first.

Customer reviews

Just to be clear, I'm neither griping about the product nor it's use. I'm just saying I have no idea if the newer versions are the same recipe as the original or not, and I've moved on to other products, not wanting to take a chance. Same here. Recycling here in rural WV has declined to where it's almost non-existent in some places. We do what we can and sometimes have to drive quite a ways to drop stuff off. I just give away my models to anyone in the neighborhood who might want them. I keep a few that I really like on the outer edges of my built-in bookshelf and on one little table I bought to display my larger ships (now hosting my Cutty Sark) but I don't have much room for permanent display so I just add what I like at the moment and give away ones that I've enjoyed long enough. It's the process I enjoy ... learning how to get better at this hobby that keeps me in it. Not that I don't enjoy looking at some of what I've built, I do for those that turn out alright - not so much the one's I've messed up .

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop