Surfears Surf Ears 3.0 Surf and water sports earplugs. Revolutionary - Allows to hear and hold a conversation 3 Swimming pool Sea Swimming

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Surfears Surf Ears 3.0 Surf and water sports earplugs. Revolutionary - Allows to hear and hold a conversation 3 Swimming pool Sea Swimming

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The sealing gels have been redesigned to achieve a better seal while also increasing wearing comfort. They are thinner, softer and conforms to the shape of the ear more easily. Naohiro Swimming Earplugs are about as simple and as standard as the best surf earplugs get. The key thing about the design here is that the flanged stem has been dropped in favor of a simple twist-in plug that sits in the canal (the inner part of the ear). It’s a shape that suits some ears and doesn’t suit others. We’re the latter, but you’ve just gotta’ try them to see if they’re your sort of thing. The SurfEars allow you to still be able to hear clearly, as they allow air and sound to travel through, and just prevent water ingress, so safety in hearing instructions from the boat or your buddy is not compromised.

After experiencing painful ears after surfing and other watersports over the last few years, especially in the winter, and having struggled with painful ears and infections, I decided to start using ear plugs as a preventative measure. The price is the main issue that we have with SurfEars. They are expensive little buggers compared to other ear plugs on the market.They’re made out of some very high quality materials that make the product feel like a premium product

SurfEars are pretty comfortable, with the wing sitting in your outer ear according to your preferred size as well as the best fitting seal. They also have minimal hearing interference, however I did find myself taking a plug out if trying to have a conversation in the line-up sometimes – a luxury not afforded with other plugs without a leash. Our selection of the 5 best surf earplugs for 2021 can help stave over the dreaded surfer’s ear and get you out in the water for longer. Scotland & NI - We cannot provide next day delivery for some areas of Scotland And Northern Ireland, our courier service will instead offer a 2 day service, please inquire to find out more about your postcode.Some of the features that have been added to the new model include the color-coded plugs—making it easier to know which earpiece goes where—and the fact that you can detach the plugs from the leash. These plugs generally served me well in calmer conditions, but over time I found water was getting in or they’d fall out when I was doing wind sports, or surfing in rough or bigger conditions. I played around with the seal and wing size options but I couldn’t seem to find a combination that worked really well for me in all conditions. Being able to hear other surfers, or friends you may be windsurfing, kitesurfing etc with is not only preferable, but important for everyone’s safety. Being able to chat in the line-up can be nice, and no one wants a collision!

Earplugs need to be comfortable. The last thing you want is for the product to be causing you pain. This is likely to mean they’re not fitting properly, or could even be causing you further damage to your ears. You’re also unlikely to wear them if they hurt! I have tested these earplugs over the last year in all sorts of environments and conditions – from surfing small to decent-sized waves at home and abroad, as well as stormy windsurfing in the UK. Drawing on his mechanical engineering expertise and aided by a team of fellow surfers, designers and engineers, Christian embarked on the mission to create the perfect earplug. Intensive brainstorming and countless prototypes eventually led to crafting a revolutionary product that strikes a balance between ear protection and preserving essential senses like hearing and balance. We've introduced a protective rib underneath the mesh preventing it from being pushed inwards, We've also increased the total adhesive area and improved the adhesive compound for an increased product life span. Of course 3.0 enjoys the same great acoustic performance as our previous products, leaving hearing and balanced unaffected. These plugs fall out easily in any surf conditions, meaning not only will you spend the majority of your session with your ears exposed to the elements, but you are introducing waste to the oceans.Of course, SurfEars are not the only brand producing ear plugs. Here are a few alternatives that are a bit more value based but offer similar features. I realise there are cheaper earplug alternatives on the market but SurfEars 3.0 earplugs are leading the industry in terms of performance and build quality. Rest of world charges may apply to destinations like Madagascar, Japan, USA, Falkland Islands, etc… I find that wearing them has not only completely stopped any ear infections, but also makes equalization easier too. They are so comfortable that I never really notice that they are in.

However, I am not sure that I stressed enough at the time that these earplugs saved me. They allowed me to dive, swim and snorkel in the ocean, and I have not had an ear infection since. Mouldable plugs are often advised as a cheap, simple, disposable option and so I tried using these first, also being an occasional pool swimmer in the winter months. Whilst these are obviously comfortable as they squish to your ear shape, and form a waterproof and windproof seal in your ear easily, they are not suitable for anything other than pool swimming. If you want to wear earplugs and have the money to invest in the very best plugs on the market, then the SurfEars 3.0 are definitely the way to go. They clean very easily. Just rinse them after a surf, dry them, keep them away from the sun and store them in a dry place. Problems with SurfEars 3.0

Wetsuit Centre Delivery / Shipping

The biggest downside to the SurfEars 3.0 is the price. This is what I believe puts so many people off purchasing them – whether it be for surfing or any other water activity. However, having used them myself I can honestly say that the price is completely warranted. Whilst ear infections are unpleasant and painful, and can cause illness, I also want to avoid/worsen what appears to have befallen a lot of other fellow surfers… it seems like more and more often, surfers and other water sports enthusiasts are also complaining ‘surfers ear’. Mainland Europe. Charges may apply to island/remote destinations like Cyprus, parts of Greece, Malta, Canary Islands etc... Note, we are not able to offer express 96 hour delivery to Bulgaria, Greece, latvia and Cyprus. Sure, they could offer some kind of satisfaction guarantee policy, but such policies are not that common with earplugs. Summary: SurfEars 3.0 Review With more than three decades of combined experience as enthusiastic surfers and product makers, our team embodies a unique fusion of water sports passion and professional expertise. We draw from a wealth of knowledge in product design, engineering, and water-based pursuits to infuse every innovation we craft.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop