Linx 1010 10.1-Inch Tablet - Black (Intel Atom Z3735F 1.33 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB Storage, WLAN, Bluetooth, Camera, Windows 10) (Renewed)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Linx 1010 10.1-Inch Tablet - Black (Intel Atom Z3735F 1.33 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB Storage, WLAN, Bluetooth, Camera, Windows 10) (Renewed)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Most EFI enabled firmware is still able to boot from MBR disks, never tried it on the Linx tablet though. As the most touch-oriented of the big Linux desktop environments, GNOME seems to be the best set up for tablets at this time, although it can be slow on a low-powered tablet like the LINX 1010B. It’s also not quite as touch-oriented, but while I think it works better with a mouse or touchpad than the touchscreen, it’s still perfectly usable. I go to the bios and i see that it recognises ubuntu as an option to boot but it fails to boot and doesnt show why. I'd already made a recovery USB stick (using the built in tool) and removed the recovery partition to increase available space.

The problem might be that you’re looking in /dev/mmcblk1p2 instead of /dev/mmcblk1p1 while you’re investigating? cfg file that is on the partition that the ubuntu is installed and not on the efi partition so I need to perform the sudo update-grub and tell it to update the efi folder. All I can think of is either there really is no space left on the drive, or that maybe your /boot is in a partition that’s unmounted or mounted read-only. The commonly found Linx 8 driver zip worked on both devices but not before I had removed the Camera and IGD entries in the driver installer config. This is likely just the Linx WiFi not liking my particular AP, but I had to turn WiFi off and on again to get a connection.I will add a warning to the top of the page as this seems like a repeatable issue now that more than one person has reported it. So I said okay I will boot into ubuntu with live USB and rename that x64_86-efi folder name to i386-efi so that everything is cool BUT i found out I cannot change file names because i have no priviledges so I opened terminal gained superuser status with sudo -i and navigated to /boot/grub folder in terminal.

As of January 2022, there is a known bug that prevents sound from working on the tablet after updating your kernel. Rob/Marc0, just to double check (if you remember after all this time), when you were trying to boot from USB and your drive didn’t appear, did you definitely remember to add the extra ```bootia32.

There are a few quirks to installing and using it, which mean that I can no longer recommend it as strongly as I recommend Fedora, but it is still an option.

Grabbed the drivers above, ran the install_all bat file, stalled with a black screen for a while midway but waited it out, and about 20 minutes later everything’s working again (even the rotate). ChromeOS Flex is the successor to Neverware’s CloudReady fork, Neverware having been bought up by Google back in 2020. I don't suppose anyone who has updated their bios would be able to check to see if the new version has added PXE boot support? I’m fast running out of ideas unfortunately, I’m not sure what’s different about your setup than mine!There are some xinput options that are configurable and should achieve this as well, such as those below, but I have not succeeded in getting them working so far. If you want to stay with GNOME but speed things up a bit, you can install “GNOME Tweaks” and turn off animations, which gives a slight improvement. Does each OS have its own version UEFI or the UEFI have to be custom made by the hardware manufacture? Well in reality it’s pretty good, yes this isn’t a high end desktop Ninja gaming device, but although I’ve been relatively sensible in what I’ve asked it to do, it’s performed everything I’ve asked it to do very well indeed, even PS2 emulation, and with a battery life to match my iPad Air’s this is a productivity dream. myself in the near future and see if the keyboard seems any worse than on other OSes that could indicate a software problem.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop