RelaxBlanket Weighted Blanket | 60''x80'',10lbs | for Individual Between 90-140 lbs | Premium Cotton Material with Glass Beads | Dark Grey

£39.55
FREE Shipping

RelaxBlanket Weighted Blanket | 60''x80'',10lbs | for Individual Between 90-140 lbs | Premium Cotton Material with Glass Beads | Dark Grey

RRP: £79.10
Price: £39.55
£39.55 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Spot or dry clean only:Avoid using a household machine to wash or dry these blankets. This can permanently damage the outer and inner materials.

This sustainable cooling weighted blanket is made from natural eucalyptus fibers and is perfect for hot sleepers. Materials The dimensions put it somewhere between a single and double duvet which is a good size, but there’s no choice of weights. And while it’s a nice, premium fabric, it doesn’t have the cosy, snuggly feeling that you get from some of the other blankets. A weighted blanket may induce the sensation of being hugged, swaddled, or gently held. This engages the ‘5 senses’ by ‘grounding’ or ‘earthing,’ which in turn may induce a relaxing state and sense of calmness. The weighted blanket may gently push down on the body, helping you feel safe, secure, or in a protected space. Just as a firm, warm, and cozy hug can be a powerful agent for relaxation, a weighted blanket may help you wind down and de-stress before bed.”The truth is that most weighted blankets are fairly similar, so finding the best one is more challenging than you might think. Here’s what I found on my search for the best weighted blanket, starting with my favourite…

My personal favourites were the Mela and the Simba Orbit, both were quite different but I found both comfortable and cosy to sleep with. The pricing is quite different though so consider your budget. What is the best filler for weighted blankets? Henderson recommends practising deep belly breathing when using a weighted blanket, to help activate our “rest and digest” response. “The mind’s focus is then on the sensation of the blanket and the breath, not any thoughts that had been racing beforehand, meaning it can also be used as a mindfulness tool when used in this way,” she explains. What is the science behind weighted blankets? Science shows that sleeping under weight improves sleep quality, lowers stress, and eases anxiety – and when those things are better, everything’s better!

The vast majority of weighted blankets (including all those that I tested) use tiny glass beads which feel a little bit like grains of sand, maybe a little bigger than that. A couple use special weighted fabric, but arguably it doesn’t make much of a difference. The only one I specifically noticed the filler of was the Snuzi option. The blanket is available in three weight options – 10, 15, and 20 pounds. These weights are best suited for people who weigh between 100 and 200 pounds. All models measure 48 by 72 inches, which is a good throw blanket size for one adult. The cover is removable and machine-washable, and the blanket carries an affordable price-point compared to similar quality blankets in the same size. While more research needs to be done, early signs have shown weighted blankets can be helpful for a range of conditions including anxiety, depression, OCD, ADHD, chronic pain and autism. Do weighted blankets work? Weighted blankets have become a popular solution for many who are struggling with sleep and anxiety.

Some blankets also promote more airflow than others due to how they are constructed. Knitted blankets have an openwork design that allows air to pass through freely, and this can help you keep cool – even if the blanket is exceptionally heavy. Quilted blankets cannot circulate air as well and often sleep hot as a result.But that’s all by the by, I suppose. When it comes to the in-bed experience, I was very satisfied. The blanket itself is filled with weighted glass pellets which are evenly distributed and fixed in place so the blanket’s weight is spread evenly. Glass pellets are the most popular form of weight in most weighted-blankets as they’re hypoallergenic and reasonably easy to manufacture.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop