Mark. Plan. Teach.: Save time. Reduce workload. Impact learning.

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

There are three things that every teacher must do: mark work, plan lessons and teach students well. With teachers’ workload at record levels and teacher recruitment and retention the number one issue in education, ideas that really work and will help teachers not only survive but thrive in the classroom are in demand. Every idea in Mark. Plan. Teach. can be implemented by all primary and secondary teachers at any stage of their career and will genuinely improve practice. The ideas have been tried and tested and are supported by evidence that explains why they work, including current educational research and psychological insights from Dr Tim O’Brien, leading psychologist and Visiting Fellow at UCL Institute of Education.

Mark Plan Teach Resources Bundle - TeacherToolkit Mark Plan Teach Resources Bundle - TeacherToolkit

Finally,it is worth heedingthe valuehe attaches tomodelling as a mode of instruction. Live modelling–where teachers demonstrate exactly what is expected of students and articulate their own thoughts while doing so–is a valuable addition to any teacher’s toolkit,helpingto reinforce success criteria and identify challenges students are likely to encounter in completing a task. Some of the issues outlined above are a consequence of the “chunked, bite-sized” approach that is taken throughout the book. On the whole, this is a strength: it makes it very usable as a reference guide. It’s certainly helpful for a novice teacher who is trying to navigate their way through the myriad issues they need to consider as they get to grips with effective classroom practice. Every idea in Mark. Plan. Teach. can be implemented by all primary and secondary teachers at any stage of their career.

A must-read for school leaders and teacher trainers ... I wish every school leader would read this book' Dr Min Du, Teacher, researcher and international education consultant Some aresuitable for immediate implementation byteachers, whileothers are aimed more squarely atsenior leaders.Readers maywishto target their reading accordingly.However,McGill is clearthatany teachercandrive evidence-informed changewithin their school. Mark Plan Teach 2.0 builds upon how it has translated into a wide variety of contexts – the good and the not-so-good. The book highlights what I’ve learned from others, what works (or not), plus some new ideas I’ve discovered from my research at Cambridge University.

Mark Plan Teach Sketchnote Resource - TeacherToolkit Mark Plan Teach Sketchnote Resource - TeacherToolkit

With teachers’ workload at record levels and teacher recruitment and retention the number one issue in education, ideas that really work and will help teachers not only survive but thrive in the classroom are in demand.I would be very happy to recommend this book to novice teachers and would consider it to be a very useful addition to the reading lists for ITE programmes. Mark. Plan. Teach. will be Ross Morrison McGill’s third book for Bloomsbury Education, and is aimed at every teacher – those new to the profession or with years of experience. Thomas Raine finds this book is a handy repository of what we know about effective teaching, with a relentless focus on reducing workload This header photo is an image taken from the very first public event I led, sharing ideas from Mark Plan Teach.

Plan: More Trust, Less Crime and High The Turnaround Plan: More Trust, Less Crime and High

It is particularly pleasing that the approach taken by McGill throughout faces, head-on, the complex reality of classrooms and the importance of understanding the many component, interrelated elements involved in creating effective learning experiences. Bloomsbury Education is thrilled to announce that they will publish the new book from best-selling author Ross Morrison McGill aka @TeacherToolkit in September 2017.From Chile to Kenya and Edinburgh to East London, Mark Plan Teach influences how many schools now approach teaching and learning.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop