JJC 35mm Film Negative Scanner,Film Digitizing Adapter with LED Light Set,Slide&Film Holder for Negative Copying.Restore Film to Digital Photos,Film and Slide Scanner Accessories

£9.9
FREE Shipping

JJC 35mm Film Negative Scanner,Film Digitizing Adapter with LED Light Set,Slide&Film Holder for Negative Copying.Restore Film to Digital Photos,Film and Slide Scanner Accessories

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I was going to cut that tube to a better length, but the easy solution is to instead substitute one of the #2 tubes (there are two of those in the kit), which are shorter. The other #2 tube remains available as an extension for use with my APS-C camera if I need to shoot with that for some reason. I believe the combination of two #2 tubes would only be needed with macro lenses longer than about 80mm, so that's not an issue for me.

The supplied adapters allow you to attach the set to different lenses and the angle of view and tilt can be adjusted by using the view angle adjustment ring on the barrel. Dedicated film holders for both film strips and mounted slides2 are included, as well, to help hold the film taut and to benefit handling. Besides that, the set is particularly well-suited for the NIK. D850 camera due to its dedicated Negative Digitizer mode and ability to automatically reverse colors in-camera to expedite the digitizing process. Additionally, it is recommended to use natural light or a light source with a high Ra (color rendering index)3 such as a light box or high-CRI fluorescent lamp when carrying on a negative copying. You can also use the set together with the JJC FDA-LED1 LED Light Set for Negative Copying4 (sold separately). The supplied adapters allow you to attach the set to different lenses and the angle of view and tilt can be adjusted by using the view angle adjustment ring on the barrel. Dedicated film holders for both film strips and mounted slides2 are included, as well, to help hold the film taut and to benefit handling. Besides that, the set is particularly well-suited for the NIK. D850 camera due to its dedicated Negative Digitizer mode and ability to automatically reverse colors in-camera to expedite the digitizing process. Additionally, you can use the set together with the included LED Light3 to get high quality light source and improve image sharpness. However, three Kodak mounts can be easily slipped into the film gate without using the slide carrier. That's 0.135 inch, more than 3mm. That might also work with the ES-2.

Highest Rated in Camera Flash Adapters

I have a few different ways to digitize 35mm film: dedicated film scanner, flatbed scanner, cheap CMOS digitizer, and old school film/slide holder for use with a digital camera and macro lens. I use them all depending on the purpose of the moment. I've tested this with some extremely contrasty slides. The process can pull out amazing tonality in both highlight and shadow areas that I just can't get with the scanner. But I would only be doing that kind of thing with 'special' images, of course. I was really excited to use this with my Sony a7000 emount lens, ran through about 200 slides and popped them into light room to notice on lower brightness, the LED creates bars onto the slide pictures. There's no programmatic way to remove this, so I have to reshoot all of those slides. Talk about waste of time. I found my workflow with the ES-2 difficult, and with the camera I was using the results were no better than using a scanner. As I didn’t want to replace my digital camera I just got rid of the ES-2, but if I’d have kept it I’d have had to do something. I think foam would probably solve the issue on the ES-2 too.

On a different thread ( https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/66293235 ) someone has posted a link to a video showing the JJC kit. Assuming that’s typical it looks (1) like it more very “inspired” by the Nikon ES-2 (the negative holder looks very similar for example)

I liked that it worked, and it worked well (we had old slides from the 60s and 70s, and they all transferred well) The light diffuser is good, but too close to the film plane IMO. It's close enough that dust on the diffuser might be inadvertently brought into focus, so it could need frequent cleaning. This appears to be the case with the ES-2 as well. Lo compré después de haber regresado un "escanner de fotografías y negativos" que verdaderaente resultó bastante deficiente pues los colores con los que "sacaba" las fotos de los negativos éran, no malos, sino pésimos, además de que la deficinción era muy pobre.

It is recommended to select the image stabilizer switch of the lens to "OFF" when using the FDA-K1.It can be used to photograph 35mm film and is compatible with the following select CAN., NIK., SON., Laowa and OLY. lenses 1: Nikon Users: Silly me, at first attempt I didn't realize this - but if you're using the Nikon 40mm 2.8 macro lens, you use "#1" extension tube which is actually attached to the device... don't forget to unscrew the little silver release to extend the tube. Otherwise, your lens will be too close to the negative. :) I do like that they provide all of the tube attachments based on their list of adaptable cameras & lenses, though it's a little wasteful as I now have a bunch of tubes I won't use. Complete Accessories】The Slide scanner set supplied 1x barrel, 5x adapters 1x 35mm film holder(Negative holder), 1x 35mm Slide holder(Positive holder), 1x LED Light with 42 beads and Photos- Works Standalone, No Computer/other camera accessories,film scanner required. Thanks for posting this. The link says it is currently unavailable, but I may look for this and give it a try. I've recently taken to film photography after over 2 decades since I've touched film, now developing my own b&w film, and this has significantly reduced my costs when it comes to digitizing my negatives. It's hard to trust some labs with scanning your negatives, since they may make adjustments apart from what you intend.

I did do that with one Kodachrome slide, a window lit portrait which was half in shadow. I could lift the shadow up to almost the same brightness as the lit side, but you could tell from the “grain” that it was not quite right. That was probably an extreme example though - I have kept the scan but not brightened up all the way. It comes with more lens adapter rings than the ES-2, and also more options for extension. That makes it possible to use it with my full frame camera and either my 50mm macro or 100mm macro, or with my APS-C camera and 50mm macro. I used a Canon EOS 1Dx-AI5R with a macro lens, and there were specific instructions for various Canon and Nikon setups. I'd like to see an option for scanning medium format film. Kind of surprised there are no commercial options for medium format using this approach. Photo 2 shows the set up with a Nikon Z5 + ftz adapter holding the 40mm 2.8 macro lens, and all scanning elements + LED light.I briefly had the Nikon ES-2 and at least the sample I had also had this problem. If I’d have kept it I think I would have used it with the camera at 90 degrees on the tripod, so the film holder was vertically downwards . Overall it's quite good setup. Ring is good enough for my lens Nikon Z MC 50mm f2.8. LED lights is good enough for scanning. I found my workflow with the ES-2 difficult, and with the camera I was using the results were no better than using a scanner. It is recommended to select the image stabilizer switch of the lens to "OFF" when using the FDA-S1.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop