Inside Out (Disney/Pixar Inside Out) (Little Golden Book)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

a b Moore, Demi (September 24, 2019). Inside Out: A Memoir. HarperCollins Publishers. ISBN 978-0-06-297824-0. We get to learn about her difficult childhood and teenage years, and how her complicated relationship with her mother shaped Demi into the insecure woman that learned from a very young age to hide her troubles behind a dazzling smile. Her difficult early years also taught her independence and strong, and professional work ethic. One thing is for sure, every single accomplishment in her life, Demi has earned. I admired the honesty throughout this book as Demi shared her story. At times her truth was brutal. The weight, sobriety, trust, promiscuity issues. Her extremely difficult and upsetting relationship with her mother, which only healed after she passed. Demi's thoughts on spirituality and the Universe as she started to sober up were insightful. I get it. The need to hand things over to a greater power. For the most part I think she did open up about her life and to me it didn't feel like she was doing so to assign blame or anything. In my opinion she didn't demonize her ex-husbands but instead showed some of the good and bad parts of their time spent together. Now I do think though she was fairly vague about some of the things that might have led to her daughters and Bruce not speaking to her for a few years. That's really the only instance in which I felt there was more to the story that she wasn't willing to share. Demi Moore - born Demetria Guynes in Roswell, New Mexico in 1962 - is an American actress and film producer. Demi had an unruly upbringing with her nomadic parents, Ginny and Danny Guynes, who were always dodging trouble and bill collectors. Demi writes, "My dad was driven to succeed. He worked hard and he played hard. Sometimes too hard." Danny drank, got into fights, and scammed and conned people. Demi recalls, "Both of my parents had what you might call a relaxed relationship with the truth but I think my dad actually got joy out of feeling he could get one over on someone."

In 2003, Demi revived her career by making Charlie's Angels Full Throttle. While Demi was in New York doing advanced press for the movie she met Ashton Kutcher, and it was kismet!! Demi and Ashton had an instant connection, though she was 15 years older than him. (People made a big deal out of this, but had nothing to say about Bruce Willis marrying a woman 25 years younger than himself. The hypocrisy is stunning!!)A Best Book of the Year: The New Yorker, The Guardian, The Sunday Times, The Daily Mail, Good Morning America, She Reads

I also had no idea Demi Moore had such a challenging upbringing. Her family consisted of her on and off again, always fighting parents; a nearly absent, self-absorbed mother, a father who grappled with mental illness, and a younger brother with whom she was incredibly close. The light of her life was her grandmother who offered her some consistency. Demi shares it all, without sugarcoating it, baring her innermost thoughts. Demi Moore's bio opens with her having a dark night of the soul. A very dark night. With her 50th birthday approaching, her personal and professional life in disarray, Demi ponders how she got to this point.

Customer reviews

Survivor is a good word to describe Demi. She had a pretty messed up childhood, has been thru 3 divorces, has experienced both box office successes and disappointments, has had periods of estrangement from different family members, and battled addiction. And yet, she's still standing. She seems to be in a pretty good place right now and I would imagine writing this memoir proved to be a cathartic experience. She discusses her relationships, most notably with Bruce Willis, the father of her three daughters, and then Ashton Kutcher. With so much toxicity in today’s world, it’s nice to see Demi and Bruce were, for the most part, able to maintain a strong family unit and co-parent well together after they split.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop