Glucose Revolution: The life-changing power of balancing your blood sugar

Glucose Revolution: The life-changing power of balancing your blood sugar

RRP: £16.99
Price: £8.495
£8.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The author and publisher specifically disclaim all responsibility for any liability, loss, or risk, personal or otherwise, which is incurred as a consequence, directly or indirectly, of the use and application of any of the contents of this book. Dear Reader

It enters our bloodstream through the starchy or sweet foods we eat. In the past five years, scientists have discovered that glucose affects everyone - not just people with diabetes. The "jury is still out" on acetic acid, for example this article https://www.nature.com/articles/ejcn2... had 8 human subjects, so just 4 (men) in the experimental group, this is far too small a population to treat as reliable evidence.

We can’t say whether a food is good or bad in a vacuum—everything is relative. High-fiber pasta is “good” compared to regular pasta but “bad” compared to veggies. An oatmeal cookie is “bad” in relation to almonds but “good” in relation to a can of Coca-Cola. You see the conundrum. You cannot look at a single food’s glucose curve and determine whether it is “good” or “bad.” You must compare it to its alternative. Thirty-year-old Inchauspé became convinced that we need to learn to listen to our bodies more than a decade ago. Aged 19, she was hiking with friends on holiday in Hawaii when someone suggested they all jump into a waterfall. She ended up with a broken vertebra, eight hours of spinal surgery, and a real risk of being paralysed from the waist down. Very cool. I mean, this is really super powerful. Another one that people love is vinegar. I don’t know if you know about this, Mark. It’s like- Autoarea mai accentuează și nocivitatea zahărului pentru organism – indiferent că acesta provine din fructe și legume și se face suc – demonstrând cum fructele denaturate afectează organismul (o cutie cu suc de portocale conține tot atâtea grame de zahăr cât o cutie de cola – 25gr), preferabil fiind să consumăm fructele întregi. Dinner for breakfast, dinner for breakfast, I feel better than I ever have. And I’m older than I ever have. I feel so good. I don’t have any cravings. I have energy throughout the day. I don’t even drink coffee anymore because I have so much energy just naturally. I mean I sleep amazingly. It’s very powerful.

There you go. That’s so beautiful. And I think you’re a great example, and it’s important for people listening to understand that everybody’s different. So you’re basically a healthy, thin young woman. But if you are not metabolically resilient, you’ve learned how to balance your blood sugar in the context of overall metabolic health. But if you’re very metabolically unhealthy, which accounts for 88% of Americans, and everybody sort of in that somewhere on the spectrum, from mild to really severe, to Type 2 diabetes, you might not actually be able to eat some of the things that you’re talking about yet. So the key is, you can become metabolically resilient, but you have to go through that process first of making your muscle smarter, your insulin receptor smarter, lowering inflammation, fixing your microbiome, fixing your liver. And it’s a lot of stuff to do, but it’s easy to do. The day of the surgery approached slowly but surely, though when it finally arrived, I wished it hadn’t. As the anesthesiologist began putting me under for the eight-hour procedure, I wondered if she would be the last person I ever saw. I prayed. I wanted to live. If I could wake up on the other side of this, I knew I would be filled with gratitude for the rest of my life. Glucose, or blood sugar, is a tiny molecule in our body that has a huge impact on our health. It enters our bloodstream through the starchy or sweet foods we eat. Ninety percent of us suffer from too much glucose in our system—and most of us don't know it. Glucose Revolution will help you feel better, cut cravings, connect with yourself, balance your hormones, live longer, teach you science and put a smile on your face along the way. This book is one of my references - don't wait to read it." - Davinia Taylor, British actor and #1 Sunday Times bestselling author of It's not a Diet Exactly. Something else that was very surprising was oat milk, creates a big glucose spike because it’s made-

PUBLISHER’S DISCLAIMER

The more I’ve learned, the more I’ve realized that there is no benefit to extreme diets—especially because dogmas can easily be abused (there is very unhealthy vegan food, and there is very unhealthy keto food). The “diets” that work are the ones that flatten our glucose, fructose, and insulin curves. When vegan and keto are done well, they both do this. And when any diet is done well—meaning that it helps you reverse disease or lose excess weight—it’s for that same reason. Really, we should be looking for sustainable lifestyles, not diets, and there is space on all our plates for a little bit of everything—including sugar. Knowing how glucose works has helped me understand that better than ever. Of course. So listen, we were chatting a little earlier and you were sharing how you got into this because, what is a math and biochemistry major actually doing writing a book about health, and you came into this through your own doorway of mental health issues. So take us through your journey. What was going on for you? How did you figure out that it was blood sugar that was a problem, and what you learned from that? It became a commercial success, perceived by consumers as the quintessential weight loss serial: the box proudly toted “just 114 calories!” We didn’t think twice about it, and we didn’t know that, even though it was relatively low in calories, Special K contains twice the amount of sugar as other cereal such as corn flakes. We didn’t know that those 114 calories of sugar and starch would lead to a glucose spike and an insulin spike — and certainly more fat gain than 114 calories from, say, eggs and toast. We didn’t know that those 114 calories of special K for breakfast would start us on a glucose roller coaster — and cravings all day long. This book is organized into three parts: 1) what is glucose, and what we mean when we talk about glucose spikes, 2) why glucose spikes are harmful, and 3) what we can do to avoid spikes while still eating the food we love.

Dietary science is on the move. For decades, people were wrongly focused on reducing fat and calories, whereas we now know that the real trouble-makers are the foods that deregulate our blood sugar levels. Pare ceva surprinzător pentru majoritatea oamenilor, dar, la nivel molecular, nu există nicio diferență între zahărul alimentar şi miere. Şi nu există nicio diferență între zahărul alimentar și siropul de agave. De fapt, nu există nicio diferență între zahărul alimentar şi oricare dintre următoarele: sirop de agave, zahăr brun, zahăr tos, zahăr de cocos, zahăr pudră, zahăr brun demerara, suc de trestie-de-zahår evaporat, miere, zahăr brun muscovado, sirop de artar, melasă, zahăr din sevă de palmier, zahăr din sevă de arbore palmyra, zahăr brut tur-binado. Toate aceste substanțe sunt alcătuite din molecule de glucoză şi fructoză, doar că ambalate diferit, purtând denumiri

JESSIE’S DISCLAIMER

I know. I’ll give you one more, and then the rest are in my book, Glucose Revolution. One more is putting clothes on your carbs. So what do I mean? Do not let your carbs- After earning a maths degree, then a second in biochemistry, Inchauspé moved to Silicon Valley to work in health tech. And there, four years ago, she had her "aha" moment, while taking part in a pilot trial of a new, wearable, continuous glucose monitor being developed by the company. "Suddenly," she says, "I was getting messages from the inside. Well, hello there, body!" Am apreciat foarte mult că se subliniază că zaharul este la fel, nu contează sub ce denumire vine, adică practic nu este nicio diferență între zahărul alb și cel brun, doar de culoare. De asemenea, am apreciat că autoarea este realistă și știe că la un moment dat toți vom încalca "regulile" și vine câteva sugestii și încurajări în direcția acesta.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop