Nanlite Forza300

Nanlite Forza300

RRP: £599.00
Price: £299.5
£299.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Both new Forza 300 II spotlights have USB-A ports so new features can be added in the future with firmware updates. These ports also output5V/0.5A so they can be used to power wireless DMX receivers. The original 300B had a USB port, but it did not supply power, so this is progress.

COLOR PERFECTION - The output of a light is important, but without color accuracy, a ton of time and money will be lost in post-production. The Forza 300 features a CRI/TLCI of 98/95 meaning color reproduction will be precise. With a good light, you shouldn’t have to read a manual to work out how to operate it. You should be able to turn it on and use it straight away. The power draw of the Forza 300B II is 350W. Above you can see how this compares against the competition. If you set the fan to Low Speed the maximum output is capped at 50%. If you set it to Off it is capped at 15%. In S mart and Full Speed it can be used at 100% output.G/M ADJUSTMENT - Provides the extremely useful ability to adjust green-to-magenta shift by +/- 80, made possible by the W(RG) LED light source

By utilizing the near-universal Bowens style light modifier mount and incorporating an umbrella holder into the yolk, the Forza 300BII is compatible with a massive selection of light modifiers. Including, but not limited to, Nanlite’s line of Fresnel, soft boxes, and umbrellas. The included head cables that come with Forza 500 II and 500B II are 9.8 feet (3 m), and the power cables are 19.8 feet (6 m). If you need even more length to mount the 500 II’s up high, you can get the24.7-foot (7.5 m) There is a range of parameters that you can adjust using the app, including changing the output, CCT, setting the fan mode, saving presets, and switching between constant and maximum output modes. The power supply/controller is also nicely made, and again, I couldn’t find any flaws or problems with it. Above you can see some examples with the light placed outside and aimed down directly at the table.The photometric results can only give me scientific data and it is much more important for me to see how the light looks and performs. The control interface is claimed to offer intuitive operation and the fixtures also include a built-in 2.4G and Bluetooth dual module. They also support DMX/RDM control via a wired connection.

The app is straightforward and reasonably easy to use, however, they haven’t made it as intuitive or visually appealing as some other companies lighting control apps. This is something I would like to see Nanlite work on. The brightness of a light is important, but without colour accuracy, a ton of time and money will be lost in post-production. The Forza 300 features a CRI of 98 and a TLCI of 95 meaning you can shoot with confidence knowing the colour reproduction will be precise. Bowens Style Light Modifier Mount As you can see neither lights are not a perfect match to the Nanlite Forza 300B II, but they are reasonably close. You could fine-tune the lights to try and get them to match more closely. In saying that, a score in the high ’80s and low 90s is still reasonably good and the Forza 300B II would work well with both of these lights.I think a lot of people who are in the market for a compact-sized bi-color light with a decent amount of output will be looking closely at this light. It is well made, competitively priced, has a decent amount of output, and its small size and weight all make it a compelling option.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop