Hope to Die

Hope to Die

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Cara Hunter is the author of the Sunday Times bestselling crime novels Close to Home, In the Dark, No Way Out, All the Rage and The Whole Truth all featuring DI Adam Fawley and his Oxford-based police team. Similar to the past books in the series, the sixth addition to the DI Adam Fawley series promises to deliver from the very start. While the storytelling and plot did not seem as clear cut as some of the past books in the series, the recurring protagonists continued to inspire with their impressive police work and fascinate with their deep and complex personalities. Cara Hunter has recently adopted a practice that I thoroughly approve in crime novels, that of including a dramatis personae at the beginning.

By now it truly feels like we as readers are part of the family as we follow each character through their highs and lows.It is the perfect read for those who are new to the genre and want to try out a crime fiction book as well as avid fans of the genre who are looking for a reliable book that will not disappoint. The story opens with a murder in a remote farmhouse – the police arrive, alerted to a gunshot, and find a body plus two householders who can’t quite explain what happened. I enjoyed getting to know DI Fawley and his team again and I also enjoyed trying to solve the puzzle over the very unsympathetic character of Camilla Rowan – Milly Liar – and what really happened to her missing baby boy. The same list of characters still appear, with one or two interesting additions to the investigative team. The plot of Hope to Die is riveting and intense with many twists and a steady pace as the team of investigators tries to understand how the victim and those around him are interconnected.

When the police discover a connection to a high-profile case from years ago, involving a child's murder and an alleged miscarriage of justice, the press go wild. But something about the crime scene doesn’t sit right with DI Adam Fawley, whose gut tells him there’s more to their story.And just when I thought I had a fix on the unfolding events Hunter threw another hand grenade into the mix and I had to think again. As always, the police investigation feels credible and realistic – the steps and breakthroughs are logical and clear so there’s no suspension of disbelief required.

DI Fawley and his team work to solve the puzzle and create a timeline that spans decades and involves a family tragedy and many red herrings. The people involved also seem plausible – the police team are well-developed as separate characters (and there’s even a cast list with back-stories at the front of the book if you need a hand).Biography: Cara Hunter is the author of the Sunday Times bestselling crime novels Close to Home, In the Dark, No Way Out, All the Rage and The Whole Truth all featuring DI Adam Fawley and his Oxford-based police team. There’s an unmistakable link to an infamous case from years earlier involving a child’s murder and an alleged miscarriage of justice. Cara's novels have sold more than a million copies worldwide, and the TV rights to the series have now been acquired by the Fremantle group.

The reports of the previous crime were in tiny print and it was irksome to continually have to alter the font size continually just as I was getting into the story. There is no doubt this is an awesome crime thriller, full of twists and turns galore and a riveting read but somehow it just didn’t feel the same as the rest of the series. This time, the Oxfordshire Police struggle to put the pieces together when a strange case of what at first appears to be a burglary gone wrong reaches their department. I was delighted that after all the hardships, DI Adam Fawley is now more established in his career and personal life. Suddenly Fawley’s team are under tremendous pressure to crack the case—and to bring one formidable criminal to justice.This is the sixth in Cara Hunter’s Oxford based crime thrillers featuring DI Adam Fawley and this time Hunter turns away from the domestic worries of her regular cast and sticks firmly to the mystery in hand. When the police discover a connection to a high-profile case from years ago, involving a child’s murder and an alleged miscarriage of justice, the press go wild. At times the story almost seemed over-complicated, although the case was satisfactorily solved in the end but there were still one or two issues that I felt were open to interpretation – which for me is a good thing. it develops character and back-story instead, with the result that readers become invested in the plot. This novel doesn’t rely on lots of graphic violence or a high body count for shocks (don’t get me wrong – I’m a big fan of all kinds of crime novel!

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop