Medusa: A beautiful and profound retelling of Medusa’s story

Medusa: A beautiful and profound retelling of Medusa’s story

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I have even talked the head into a little revamp of the library so that we can display them properly! Adapted from the hardback illustrated by Olivia Lomenech-Gill, this paperback edition is perfect for readers who loved Circe and Ariadne , as Medusa comes alive in a new version of the story that history set in stone long ago. Within are illustrations by the Northumberland-based Olivia Lomenech Gill, an artist whose work at its strongest has something of Frink’s about it.

Adapted from the hardback illustrated by Olivia Lomenech-Gill, this paperback edition is perfect for readers who loved Circe and Ariadne, as Medusa comes alive in a new version of the story that history set in stone long ago. O livro dá-nos, claro, o ponto de vista da Medusa e faz-nos empatizar com ela, questionando porque é que a associamos à monstruosidade. I’m sure this format is one that would entice younger readers to read (whether mythology or other stories).Four years on and exiled in a remote island with little company except her two immortal sisters, dog and the snakes that adorn her head, Medusa is entranced by the arrival of Perseus. Medusa’s sisters, who are both immortal, think that the only way to stop a god is to ask another god for help. This book also shows a strong sisterhood between Stheno, Euyale and Medusa and I absolutely loved the relationship between Stheno and Medusa especially. As the story unfolds and secrets are revealed Perseus and Medusa must make choices that will irrevocably change their lives forever.

I especially loved the inclusion of Medusa’s sisters, who are so often sadly omitted in modern retellings. Your selection was perfect for our children and what really made the difference was your ability to engage with each child, discuss their interests and help them to choose a suitable book based on your extensive knowledge of the books you were selling. I am telling you this because you need to understand what happened when Perseus turned up on my island. I loved that here, in her own words, she gets to be more than just a cautionary tale or a monster to be slayed. Though certain versions came to dominate, there was no canonical account of “the Greek myths”, even in antiquity.The feminist spin on the myth is absolutely incredible, with every possible problematic thought being challenged directly. It was such a pleasure to meet you both, and I really appreciated how smoothly and professionally you ran everything. Thereafter, Medusa’s curiosity overwhelms her so that she risks making his acquaintance, while keeping her face hidden.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop