Hornby R070 00 Gauge Turntable Electric

Hornby R070 00 Gauge Turntable Electric

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

If not, what about a 12 volt bulb of some description, like for example what you would find used on a car - side light / stop light / turn indicator light / interior light etc? The Round Hole part is the one that was desighned for the Electric Motor Operated version of theTurntable. (Only Elecric Motor Operated versions have been made for many years now...including the current issue).

IF, I wire one rail to + and one to - then surly when I turn the table by 180 degrees, I will get a direct short. Yes?" The Square Hole part is the one you would need for a Hand Operated version of theTurntable (Hand Operated versions have not been made for many years now...)I was wondering whether anyone had attempted to muffle the noise - e.g. inserting sound deadening material on the inside of the motor/gear housing, or mounting the TT on some kind of insulating mat, or . . . . . . ? Because the motor itself is quite quiet. I was planning to use a 2-pole centre-off switch with a supply of suitable voltage, once I have got the motor in and tested to see what it needs. connection has the polarity reversed (my reference was to a reversing loop situation in my original post), then there is still an isolation issue. But a simple gapping still has the problem of a loco shorting over it as it passes surely? The problem with sound-proofing is that you could then cut the ventilation to the motor...which could then get a bit warm... If you do not put the Water Crane in position, there is nothing to stop the Square Hole pinion being used with an electic motor drive...

The special worms are also available....just need a worm puller to remove existing worm....and a method of fitting new worm without damaging the motor.... Kerry, you've now used up your two posts until this time tomorrow. If only you had answered ALL my questions like Q1 & Q4 in the absence of full answers. I shall now have to make some assumptions to fill in the gaps. I used to produce this 'adaptor', initially as a 'service' to model railwayers, but have found it financially unviable. No - the TT has a 'Split Ring' that reverses the bridge rail polarity once it has passed the half way position in a full rotation.The reason for the round hole is to avoid the turning of the Water Crane by hand straining the mechanism...in theory, the round hole would also avoid the Water Crane spinning around under motor drive and hitting something, or a part of someone! There was a kit, Turntable Motorising Unit, R.411, which was used to motorise the R.410 Hand-Operated Turntable... is a very nice number when discussing this sort of thing. When a circle is divided into 16 slices, the angle is 22.5 degrees, the same angle seen on a compass. Unfortunately, in the mathematics of the RM layout, there angles are multiples of 45 degrees from the horizontal or vertical. So in the suggested icon above, the new outlets which are at positions NNE, ENE, ESE, SSE, SSW, WSW, WNW, and NNW i.e. the 22.5 degree ones, are converted to fit the RM geometry by connecting to the centre of an adjoining grid cell, making a slight kink as it does so .... I am thinking of putting a building over the motor housing....possibly a 'sand house' with a chimney for ventilation...or a Water Tower with vents?

However, this 16 outlet version would be capable of having RM rotate the icon bridge in sync with the real thing, but it would have to "remember" the bridge position between RM sessions. OK, so here is a photo of the motor I have - needless to say it is totally devoid of any identification. effectively make a reversing loop, is a short caused or is the loop isolated by the different positions of the rotating rail as it goes from one turnout to the other?[/i]"The next potential problem for DCC is that half the outlet positions are at reversed polarity to the inlet. This is due to the way the connections are made to the bridge under the turntable and you can look up Brian Lambert for an explanation The Hornby method of conversion is a bit brutal and will invalidate the guarantee. There are a few different ways of converting for DCC and may not require removal of the bridge

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop