The 4 Pillar Plan: How to Relax, Eat, Move and Sleep Your Way to a Longer, Healthier Life

£8.495
FREE Shipping

The 4 Pillar Plan: How to Relax, Eat, Move and Sleep Your Way to a Longer, Healthier Life

RRP: £16.99
Price: £8.495
£8.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Overall I'd highly recommend this book - it's helpful and makes you feel like you can really make a difference in your overall health, plus the physical book with its many gorgeous photographs is stunning.

4 Pillar Plan - Penguin Books UK The 4 Pillar Plan - Penguin Books UK

These are the pillars of health that Chatterjee refers to in his book The 4 Pillar Plan: How to Relax, Eat, Move and Sleep Your Way to a Longer, Healthier Life . He talks a lot about the body as a system and how we have to look at diseases and symptoms through that lens. The secret to good health is in many cases in the hands if the patient and this book gives the reader all the advice needed to be fit and healthy. The problem is, although your rash might go away, there’s no telling where it came from in the first place. An ideal microbiome is a diverse one, and the more diverse our eating, the more diverse our gut bugs.

This is what makes getting your z’s improve your energy, attention, and learning capability, among many other things. Each pillar is sub-divided into five interventions, each designed to provide a small and realistic step towards better health.

The 4 Pillar Plan: How to Relax, Eat, Move and Sleep Your Way

On a personal level, despite thinking I was fit and health I have come to realise that there is always room for improvement, which can be fun as well as life changing. We also participate in other affiliate programs, such as Blinkist, MindValley, Audible, Audiobooks, Reading. It is a promise we must all make to each other – to work together to improve the experience of working in the NHS for everyone. As regards the five portions of vegetables we should strive to eat each day, these should ideally be of five different colours.I have really benefited from learning the science behind why we need proper sleep and a diverse gut. But there’s still things we can do for 15 mins that certainly help to slow us down and chill us out.

The 4 Pillar Plan Summary and Review - Four Minute Books The 4 Pillar Plan Summary and Review - Four Minute Books

Chatterjee’s book is that there are four basic areas that we need to focus on: relaxation, food, movement and sleep. Be careful to learn and watch out for the many different words that companies use to disguise sugar to get you hooked on their products. To take remedy this, Chatterjee recommends a period without tech – ideally 90 minutes but as long as you can manage if not – before bed. Achieving a balance across all four of these pillars is crucial, because western, modern medicine is finally coming to realize what Chinese (and other cultures, I'm sure) medicine has known for thousands of years: our bodies are comprised of complex, interconnected systems; health problems usually have multiple causes, and it's critical to get to the root of the problem, rather than just dampen the symptoms.

You could have problems with your immune system, for example, which the doctor would have completely overlooked. And certain aspects that I'd heard about on his podcast such as 'daily micro-fasts' were relatively new to me still, and are things I'm absolutely going to try and implement. We take pride in offering a wide selection of used books, from classics to hidden gems, ensuring there’s something for every literary palate. Nick is an avid runner, covering 70-110km a week, which gives him ample opportunity to test a wide range of running shoes and running gear.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop