Maggie's Tree

Maggie's Tree

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Best-selling author Mark Manson brings his signature no-nonsense wisdom back to the subject he started his career covering: relationships. In The Psychology of Money, award-winning author Morgan Housel shares 19 short stories exploring the strange ways people think about money.

I also never understood the relationship between Maggie and Cissie, between Maggie and Luke and Helena – are they just friends? Just as I was about to throw it back on the pile the storyline picked up a little but then dragged itself back into a foggy mess. Maggie is clearly unwell but we don't know why, the other characters or so one dimensional they are almost opaque - with the exception of Michael. As their mutual friend Helena is the toast of Broadway, stand-up comedian Cissie O'Brien, who is the nation's darling with her popular television series, decides to take the beautiful and troubled actress Maggie Salt to New York to see her.The Greatest Secret, the long-awaited major work by Rhonda Byrne, lays out the next quantum leap in a journey that will take the listener beyond the material world and into the spiritual realm, where all possibilities exist. I thankfully grew up with a lot of late 90s pop culture, so I felt tuned in to Walter's references she had dotted around. This deeply personal and supportive series offers listeners an honest and relatable insight into how some the UK's best-known celebrities have coped with mental health difficulties, ranging from OCD to insomnia, addiction to grief, and depression to anxiety. Listen in as she takes six different people on a career change journey to help them figure out what work they would really love to do and create a plan of how to make that career change happen.

Julie Walter's dark and very funny first novel is as assured as her celebrated work for stage, television and the cinema. However, I don’t think she put this talent into very good use as I failed to appreciate the characters whose livs were told on the present tense, with almost no reference to a history that will shed more light and make the reader understand or even empathize with the characters. I really really struggled to read this book and even now if you asked me what happens I wouldn't be able to fill you in. a hard to follow depressing read which is over detailed in a confusing way, with characters who I just didn't care about.Helena has always been utterly self-centered and now Cissie, haunted by the outing of her relationship with her lover Jenny back home, disappears as well. This is a disturbing and thought-provoking novel about mental torment and the often blackly comic, mixed-up ways we view ourselves and misread each other. Access to the Plus Catalogue—thousands of Audible Originals, audiobooks and podcasts, including exclusive series. This grossly oversimplified understanding has created many complexities in our lives and taken away from us the very fundamentals of the joy of living.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop