Continental Unisex Contact Plus Reflex Tyre

Continental Unisex Contact Plus Reflex Tyre

RRP: £15.70
Price: £7.85
£7.85 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Their size and the wire beads do mean, for the most part, they're a doddle to mount, with directional arrows to help. You might want a single lever to scoop them aboard deep-section hoops, otherwise it's a tool-free affair, requiring just a pair of strong thumbs. Belt 'n' braces I've been happy enough letting rip at 35mph along local 1-in-4s, and pushing them hard into corners. Wet manhole covers/similar ironworks call for a bit of common sense, but railway crossings, cattle grids and so on haven't taxed them – or spooked me. NOTE: As of 2021, we've improved the puncture resistance tests and now provide 'Total Puncture Score' as the main puncture resistance indicator.

If you want to be in control of your bike, you need tires that offer sufficient grip as you corner and brake. I ran several tests on a variety of surfaces, and I was quite happy with them. The Ride Tour and the Marathon are both difficult tires to mount, in my experience. The rest of them were neither too easy nor too hard. With practice and skill, they get easier. The Continental Ride Tour doesn’t fall behind the rest in performance, and it stands out because of its very appealing price point. Price and value Puncture Force Blunt Needle: The Blunt needle has a flat tip and won't split the casing wires. To puncture the tire, the blunt needle has to cut the casing wires. Not being able to ride 1000s of miles with each of them to see which one lasted longer, I did some skidding tests with each of them and observed how much the surface was worn at the end. This is an indicator of how they compare in real life.

Pirelli Cinturato Adventure gravel tyres

As a serious bike commuter, you want to ride in comfort, and you’ll want to avoid punctures as much as possible. But which tire represents the best value? I spent a lot of money and time testing the most regarded commuter tires. Here is a detailed comparison of the six best commuter tires money can buy. The internet is flooded with information on different types of bikes along with detailed information regarding its parts and how they function. Do spend some time gaining knowledge about bike parts so that you understand the difference between different models, brands and frame materials etc. If you’re like me, who rides on mostly decent roads and wants a good commuter tire, any one of them is a good fit. Even if your budget only allows for the cheapest Continental Ride Tour, you won’t be disappointed. Since I ran these tests on different days, other factors, such as slight differences in tire pressure, temperature, wind, and humidity, played a much more important role in determining my average speed. I rode the same bike with the exact same setup on the same hill three times. I measured the time it took to get both up and down and averaged them out. On the way down I didn’t pedal at all, but I let gravity take care of the speed.

mm is the best tire width for commuting because it offers sufficient cushioning, so it absorbs the road buzz, and it’s not too bulky to slow you down because of its excessive weight. Electric bikes built for everything and priced for everyone. Shop Rad Power Bikes, America's #1 electric bike brand. Get out. Go further. Ride Rad. As a commuter, you may spend up to an hour or even more on your bike each way, which means that you need your bike to be as comfortable as possible. This starts with the tire, especially if your bicycle – like mine – doesn’t have a suspension fork.

You can simply reject even a perfect model, if you have to struggle stretching to get to the handlebar or you feel clumsy with the shifter that you may not have operated before. Test the bike wearing the clothing you are going to use while cycling A second opinion is always better and for this you can simply visit the local bike shop near you and you can get advice on the type of bike you can buy and the different models you can choose from that suit your needs. Consider the fit first What stands out to me is that the weight of the tires comes into play much less than I expected, so much so that you can’t even tell the difference based on this experiment. Lanes layered in dung and hedge clippings, shards of broken glass and even the odd drawing pin have made negligible impression on the casings. No flats in 5 months and approximately 1800miles.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop