Fifty-Fifty: The Number One Ebook Bestseller, Sunday Times Bestseller, BBC2 Between the Covers Book of the Week and Richard and Judy Bookclub pick (Eddie Flynn Series)

£4.495
FREE Shipping

Fifty-Fifty: The Number One Ebook Bestseller, Sunday Times Bestseller, BBC2 Between the Covers Book of the Week and Richard and Judy Bookclub pick (Eddie Flynn Series)

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The only problem is that the reporter is being protected by a guy named John Milton—perhaps the one man on the planet that is deadlier than him. When Eddie meets Child he's convinced the man is innocent, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. With the FBI putting pressure on him to secure the plea, Eddie must find a way to prove Child's innocence while keeping his wife out of danger - not just from the FBI, but from the firm itself. They were Hollywood's hottest power couple. They had the world at their feet. Now one of them is dead and Hollywood star Robert Solomon is charged with the brutal murder of his beautiful wife. Fifty-Fifty is a blast to the genitals. Its swift, precise and you are left reeling on the floor. I am obsessed with courtroom dramas. This began when I was a member of a Jury – the atmosphere, the tension and the responsibility emits a fizzing spark within me. Watching and waiting to see just how it is going to pan out.

Review: Fifty-Fifty by Steve Cavanagh | The Nerd Daily Review: Fifty-Fifty by Steve Cavanagh | The Nerd Daily

Nonetheless, he still went on to practice civil rights law and even became part of a number of high profile cases. But one of these women is lying. One of them is a murderer. Sitting in a jail cell, about to go on trial with her sister for murder, you might think that this is the last place she expected to be.This book is more than just a crime thriller. It shows how Kate Brooks stood up to her harassing boss and turned the tables.

Fifty Fifty by Steve Cavanagh - Ramblings Review – Fifty Fifty by Steve Cavanagh - Ramblings

Another character that I loved was Bloch. She was uptight and really cool. I would love it if there was a separate storyline of hers. Everything that Joshua Kane has been doing throughout his entire life has been aimed towards this very moment. Research, a developing romance, circumstantial evidence and two sisters that are determined to blame the other for their father’s murder – it can’t possibly end in anything but both women being declared guilty, can it? Every time I think I had caught the identity of the murderer, the very next chapter makes me rethink my choice. This happens almost throughout the book. In her second novel, Harriet Tyce takes the elements that made her debut, Blood Orange, so compelling and reworks them to tell another gripping tale. Her protagonist, Sadie, is again a criminal barrister and a mother; this time around, however, she’s trying to return to work after a long absence, while also settle her 10-year-old daughter in a new and terrifyingly competitive London school. Sadie left her husband in America for unspecified nefarious reasons and she’s returned reluctantly to the London home of her late mother, a cruel, controlling woman who has ensured the house is full of poisoned memories. Her daughter, Robin, is struggling to get anyone to talk to her at the exclusive Ashams school, while the mothers at the gate are equally unfriendly to Sadie. As she digs into work – she’s defending a teacher accused of grooming a female pupil – she starts to realise their new home might not be as safe as she’d hoped. An insightful look at the realities of motherhood and work, and competitive parenting, this is gratifyingly sinister. Stone Cold Trouble

Christmas Cards & Gift Wrap

I received this book for free from the Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. Fifty-Fifty by Steve Cavanagh

The best recent thrillers – review roundup | Crime fiction The best recent thrillers – review roundup | Crime fiction

But the sisters… I think these sisters would be the very picture of chalk and cheese — Alexandra is accomplished, put together and hates her sister. Sofia is fragile, and emotionally spent and hates her sister. So who is the killer? That is the question isn’t it? A native of Belfast, Northern Ireland, Cavanagh moved to Dublin at the age of eighteen where he ended up studying law by accident. The second point would be how likely would it be that a moral compass would win the day? Though satisfying it was to have the two defence lawyers meet up and thrash out the evidence and theories, I’m not entirely sure if that is legal or realistic. However because both Kate and Eddie are such reasonable people, I’m going to let it slide. All the evidence points to Robert's guilt, but as the trial begins a series of sinister incidents in the court room start to raise doubts in Eddie's mind. Steve Cavanagh is an Irish author from Belfast and at the age of eighteen, he studied law by mistake. He is now the international award-winning author of the Eddie Flynn novels

Currently Reading

Forced by circumstances to get involved in the trial, Eddie must win an unthinkable murder case in forty-eight hours. On appearance it appears obvious who is the guilty party. The sisters born a year apart but really are quite different. One successful, a golden girl in looks and endeavours. The other pale and troubled. Alexandra and Sofia’s reputation preceded them. But is all as it seems? The evidence increasingly seems as it could go either way in supporting or damning each of the sisters. His promise however doesn’t last for long, as his ten-year-old daughter is abducted by the leader of the Russian mafia in New York City, who is on trial for murder.

Fifty-Fifty By Steve Cavanagh|Review - The Coycaterpillar Reads Fifty-Fifty By Steve Cavanagh|Review - The Coycaterpillar Reads

And Kate is the new (professional) beginning I’m talking about here. Given the detail and care Cavanagh gives her character, I figured she’d either get her own series, or be a more prominent player in Eddie’s life moving forward. Seeing how Kate progressed in this book — standing up to the sexist bullshit at her firm, before she steals Alexandra from under her boss’s nose is a thing of beauty, and yes, I was #TeamKate all the way. Alexandra Avellino has just found her father’s mutilated body, and needs the police right away. She believes her sister killed him, and that she is still in the house with a knife. She’, the killer is aloof, calculating and determined. Her psychology appears to place the sadistic childhood both girls were subjected to by their mother as the catalyst. It made me wonder where their father was during this period. Leaving me unsurprised and unmoved to find out that one of his daughters mutilated his body during the murder. Are we to believe its the consequence of a father who was absent and even when present oblivious. Or is there even more to the rationale?Reading clients and reading juries was my bag. This case wasn’t normal. There was nothing remotely normal about it. This was the first verdict that I couldn’t call. I was too close to it. In my mind, it was an even split. The verdict may as well come down to a coin toss. A fifty- fifty. Eddie Flynn The Sisters

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop