The German Wife: An absolutely gripping and heartbreaking WW2 historical novel, inspired by true events

£9.9
FREE Shipping

The German Wife: An absolutely gripping and heartbreaking WW2 historical novel, inspired by true events

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Themes: Thought-provoking themes include fear of people because of their nationality, starting over, survival, grief, acceptance, PTSD, atrocities and effects of war, life-changing choices, turning a blind eye, hardship, friendship, and prejudice.

contained people who did not conform — then they became forced labor camps— until eventually the death camps were built: the gas chambers. Dual timelines don’t always work for me; I tend to much prefer one over the other and that can make it harder to stay invested. Although they fiercely oppose Hitler’s radical views, and joining his ranks is unthinkable, it soon becomes clear that if Jürgen does not accept the job, their income will be taken away.While the couple abhors everything the new regime stands for, Jürgen is given no choice when recruited to join the top-secret project. Many thanks to Graydon House | Harlequin Trade Publishing | HarperCollins for the opportunity to read The German Wife in advance of its June 28, 2022 publication. i enjoyed the German wife’s story so much more and the title is misleading because it’s honestly just as much about the American wife, too.

Fans of Orphan Train , The Tattooist of Auschwitz and My Name is Eva will be utterly gripped by this beautiful, tragic World War Two novel. The German Wife has timelines from Nazi Germany, the debilitating drought and Dust Bowl of Texas in the 1930s and life in post war Alabama. This is a fabulously written story it really will pull at your heartstrings and have you thinking about how you would have coped during these terrible times, I really felt for Sofi and Jürgen and what they went through and I wonder what more could they have done and I know that there will always be questions about the atrocities that happened, but my heart went out to them.

The Crossword Solver is designed to help users to find the missing answers to their crossword puzzles. The German Wife was about love, family, choosing, recognizing good and evil, right and wrong and having faith in others. Although Sofie and Jürgen do not share the social views growing popular in Hitler’s Germany, Jürgen’s position with its burgeoning rocket program changes their diminishing fortunes for the better. But what really made this book one I will never forget was the emotional connection I felt with the characters and story itself.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop