Dos Maderas PX 5+5 Rum (1 x 0.7 l)

Dos Maderas PX 5+5 Rum (1 x 0.7 l)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

If your business is registered in a European Union country and has an Intra-EU VAT Number, you are qualified to make purchases without the application of VAT. The region of Spain where the winery is located has a climate perfectly suited for wine and is known as Europe's wine cellar. You are absolutely correct in your assessment that palates change over time, and I look forward to you letting me know if you warm up to this one. The Dos Maderas PX 5+5 rum is a high-quality alcoholic beverage made from a blend of rums from Barbados and Guyana. But, I fear that getting into rum through this route would just get most stuck with brands known to sweeten their rum such as Don Papa and Diplomatico.

This triple cask maturation has had a unique effect on the rum with dark raisin and fig flavours with smooth vanilla. S. FDA (as I’ve been told by brand owners), they won’t allow this because consumers might mistake the additives on the label as some sort of supplement. From nose to the medium long finish I recognize the sweet PX Sherry, raisins, vanilla, fruits and quite many other notes. After 30 minutes in the glass almost all the whiskey/bourbon taste is gone, and the sherry flavour is fruiter than sweet. Firstly it is aged for 5 years in the Carribean in American oak cask then shipped over to Spain to be aged for a further 5 years in two different styles of sherry cask.

I hope to see the day when brands with additives would be required or allowed to mention the amount they used on their labels. This subreddit is private because of Reddit's inability to provide proper moderation tools and listen to users.

Triple aged rum that was awarded the Gold Medal at the Ministry of Rum Tasting Competition in Miami 2009.It tastes more like a super fortified wine due to the higher-than-usual ABV (if it were considered a wine). Also sign me up for newsletters so I can get special offers, recommendations, and expert advice to my inbox!

There was a glass tumbler as a gift which wad placed inside the box over the bottle neck, of course when it was delivered the glass was smashed. The bottling serves up delightful notes of leather, sweet dried fruits, molasses, crumbling brown sugar, dark vanilla, chocolate, nutmeg, orange peel, walnuts, cloves, dark oak, toffee, and espresso. This double aging process gives the rum a unique flavor and aroma that make it ideal for enjoying alone or in cocktails. This is probably the most fruit filled rum I have tasted thus far with flavours of raisins, prunes and dates pouring out onto the palate. When it arrives it is transfered to casks which previously held Dos Cortados, Palo cortado sherry for 3 years then transfered to casks which previously held Don Guido Pedro Ximenez sherry, the sweetest variety of sherry for 2 years.I finally tried this rum yesterday and think I will really enjoy it, it’s nice and smooth and it helps to have some notes to go along with it so that I can see how the tastes would be described. The Dos Maderas PX 5+5 rum has a dark amber color and an intense aroma of dried fruits, caramel, and vanilla. You’re most likely familiar with the company through brands under them such as Alfonso brandy, Zafiro gin, and their various sherries.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop