Echoes in Death: An Eve Dallas Novel: 44

Echoes in Death: An Eve Dallas Novel: 44

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Even in the mid-twenty-first century, during a time when genetic testing usually weeds out any violent hereditary traits before they can take over, murder still happens. The first victim is found lying on a sidewalk in the rain. The second is murdered in her own apartment building. Police Lieutenant Eve Dallas has no problem finding connections between the two crimes.

She can’t have been wandering around in that state very long. Not only because it’s barely into the single digits, but someone would have seen her.” She works from home, looking at financials and identifying potential future targets from the guest list of a gala that all three victim-couples attended last year because that's where she thinks the perp is fishing. Synopsis: “New York, 2061: The place called the Pleasure Academy is a living nightmare where abducted girls are trapped, trained for a life of abject service while their souls are slowly but surely destroyed. Input from the SVU detectives on the similar crimes. Clearly the same perp: the method, the violence, the missing items.If I’d caught this case three years ago. February, three years ago, right before you? I think it would have broken me. I think it might have been the end of me. Now it just … Maybe it bruises some, but it won’t break me. It won’t because you hang on when I have to let go.” [7] Synopsis: “She calls herself Lady Justice. And once she has chosen a man as her target, she turns herself into a tall blonde or a curvaceous redhead, makes herself as alluring and seductive as possible to them. Once they are in her grasp, they are powerless. Dallas and McNab trace the link that sent the message, but it is destroyed in a recycler just minutes before they get there. Dallas is suspicious of the timing. You could so be her stand-in for The Icove Agenda. I mean you look just like her Eve Dallas character. Are you her stand-in?”

Morning briefing at the home office with APA Reo, Peabody, McNab, Baxter, Trueheart, Olsen, Tredway, and Mira. As NYPSD Lt. Eve Dallas and her billionaire husband Roarke are driving home, a young woman ― dazed, naked, and bloody ― suddenly stumbles out in front of their car. Roarke slams on the brakes and Eve springs into action. Hope your cleaners can get the blood out of it. Let’s get your ID. Somebody’s probably worried about her.” After a moment’s confusion, Peabody’s own lightbulb went off. “That’s Oedipus. I’m pretty sure that’s Oedipus.” She moved to the side of the table, took her pad out of her kit, gently pressed the woman’s fingers to it.

Customer reviews

Echoes in Death, the chilling new suspense novel from #1 New York Times bestselling author J.D. Robb is the perfect entry point into the compelling In Death police procedural series featuring Lieutenant Eve Dallas. Eve and Roarke – plus Peabody at Central – work on the suspect list. They narrow down the possible suspects, plus find some "hinky" people (like money laundering) whose names they pass to other law enforcement. Unfortunately, they didn’t get away fast enough. Now Dorian is injured, terrified, and wandering the streets of New York, and Mina lies dead near the waterfront while Lt. Eve Dallas looks over the scene.

But … she caught a scent, yes, yes, the rich and funereal scent of lilies. Blood. Lilies and blood, surely that meant death. h soup, prime rib and fingerlings roasted with rosemary, with white and green asparagus. Croquembouche and coffee. The wines were—” At the end of the day, Eve goes home. She takes a second to appreciate the newly redecorated bedroom before collapsing into sleep. The detectives put together a short list of possible targets – couples who buzzed during their interviews and warnings. Anthony was "cold, arrogant, egotistical," overly perfectionistic, domineering, a liar, and respected professionally but widely disliked.J.D. Robb is a pseudonym for the author Nora Roberts. She was already a well-established author as Roberts, so taking on a new pseudonym was a new challenge for Nora. And J.D. Robb became probably even more popular than Nora Roberts. Yeah, well, I didn’t punch her—or anybody.” A little smug about it, she snuggled more comfortably in the seat. “Score for me. Now we can go home, get out of these duds.” Sorry again. You probably saved her life getting her here so fast. Sure as hell saved her from brain damage. Dr. Nobel. Del Nobel.” Now Eve Dallas and her husband, Roarke, are combing through the evidence of McEnroy’s secret life. His compulsive need to record his misdeeds provides them with a wide range of suspects, but the true identity of Lady Justice remains elusive. She’s near to frozen,” he said to Eve. “You’ll be all right now,” he began, and the woman lifted an icy hand to his face, pressed.

She wandered. Puzzled, yes, but detached, and wondering if she’d reached heaven or hell. There was something oddly familiar about the faded colors and blurry shapes here. Colors suddenly so strong they hurt her eyes, shapes so sharp they might slice and gash. Was she dead? She felt like a ghost, untethered and insubstantial. She wandered. Puzzled, yes, but detached, and wondering if she’d reached heaven or hell." Dallas goes to talk to Daphne Strazza, with Mira and Roarke along for Daphne's sake. Daphne's sister Tish is also there. They know, from Kyle's recordings, that Anthony Strazza habitually imprisoned, abused, battered, and raped his wife, with threats to hurt her family if she told. Her husband also tried to kill her after Kyle's assault, and she killed him in self-defense. No charges will be filed. While it emerges that Dr. Strazza was cold, controlling, and widely disliked, this is one case where the evidence doesn’t point to the spouse. So Eve and her team must get started on the legwork, interviewing everyone from dinner-party guests to professional colleagues to caterers, in a desperate race to answer some crucial questions: There are 66 pieces in the In Death book series (67th and 68th on the way), 56 of which are considered primary books. Some entries are novellas published in other J.D. Robb and Nora Roberts books, namely her story collection books. The entire In Death book series is as follows:

Description: The final entry of the series so far, just recently published but already available in 13 editions. It won’t be the last book of the series, though. The #1 New York Times bestselling author presents a gripping new thriller that pits homicide detective Eve Dallas against a conspiracy of exploitation and evil… She splits up her potential future targets list among the available detectives, to interview and warn. Echoes in Death, the chilling new suspense novel from #1 New York Times bestselling author J.D. Robb, is the perfect entry point into the compelling In Death police procedural series featuring Lieutenant Eve Dallas. Who’d invented the charity winter ball anyway? she wondered. Sane people wanted to stay home in warm, comfortable clothes when February reared its ugly frozen head. Even the not-so-sane were mostly huddled up somewhere at damn near two in the morning on a bitter night, which was why she’d had no excuse not to do her marital duty.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop