Jane’s Patisserie Celebrate!: Bake every day special. THE NO.1 SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER

£11
FREE Shipping

Jane’s Patisserie Celebrate!: Bake every day special. THE NO.1 SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER

RRP: £22.00
Price: £11
£11 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the flour, salt, eggs and vanilla extract and beat to combine. Finally, add the milk and lime zest and beat again.

What I thought:These Florentines were a delight to make and a delight to eat. My kitchen smelt wonderful throughout which meant I had to exercise a lot of restraint while they were cooling down so as not to eat them all. I used a combination of almonds, walnuts and peanuts in my mixture which gavethem a nice varied texture. As I had a bit of left over milk chocolate I decided to drizzle it acrossthetop of a few oftheFlorentines for an added extra. I also really appreciated how user friendlytherecipe was with very easy and clear steps as well as preparation and shelf life times. Next time I makethem, I am going to try and perfecttheshape sothey look as wonderfully round as Jane’s. Sift the icing sugar and the ground almonds into a large bowl. It is very important that you sift it, as this will prevent any lumps. To be really sure you have no lumps, you can sift twice. Food writer and blogger Jane Dunn joined Tom Allen on the Chris Evans Breakfast Show with Sky this morning to talk about her new book, Jane’s Patisserie Celebrate!: Bake Every Day Special. She added, “I’m always happy if you have a question about how, what, or why this didn't work, message me because I will also want to work out why it didn't work.” Baking is like chemistry, you just have to follow the recipe,” she said. “Weigh everything, definitely and accurately, and you'll be so much better off. Even with the oven, if you get an oven thermometer, you can see if your oven is actually at the right temperature.”

Select a format:

What I thought: I didn’t let the fact I didn’t own a loaf tin stop me from making this! Despite improvising with a baking tin within a baking tin this recipe was still just as delicious. The lemon zest balance was just right and the icing drizzle added a lovely sweetness to cut through the sharp lemon. It also lasted for a few days in a Tupperware! Definitely one I’ll be making again.

My first book and now my second book and even everything on my blog is based on what people asked for,” she explained. “Even when I’m just walking down the confectionery aisle in the supermarket, I’ll think, ‘What have I not baked with recently?’” I will share when I have dropped a whole cheesecake on the floor or when my dog has eaten part of the cake when he definitely shouldn't have done,” she added. What I thought:Jane hasthebrilliant ability to turn your favourite chocolate bar into a delicious cake,cookie, brownie or cheesecake and this recipe with Kinder Bueno has been on my “to make” list for AGES – it did not disappoint. Easy to pull together and a great prepare ahead pudding that will woo those you’re making it for. Top tip – don’t be shy about pushingthecheesecake mix down intothetin – I was light touch with mine hencethegaps aroundtheedge. Jane’s decorating inspiration was perfect and really elevatedthefinish ofthedessert to make it look more complete, a real masterpiece. PREP: 30 minutes COOK: 18–22 minutes COOL: 10 minutes LASTS: 2 days in the fridge (but best served fresh)

Whether you're looking for a salted caramel fix, or a spicy biscoff bake, this book has everything you need to create iconic bakes and become a star baker. I just think it's one of those things where people could really resonate with me, and they realised I was just the normal girl in the kitchen,” Jane said when asked why she thought her blog and cookbook were so popular. Transfer the mixture to a piping bag fitted with a small round tip (0.5cm) and line 2–3 baking trays with parchment paper. Carefully pipe the mixture onto the lined trays, making circles about 2cm in diameter. Space them well apart, as they will spread in the oven. My first book managed to reach the title of fastest selling book EVER… but no worries, none of the recipes in either books repeat!!

The baker also encourages her followers to get in touch if their sweet treats weren’t turning out the way they wanted them to. In a food processor, add the basil, pine nuts, parmesan and salt and pepper. Blitz the mixture until broken down. Continue to mix, drizzling in the olive oil continuously until you reach the consistency of pesto you want – I like mine quite wet.Once you have piped all your macarons, tap the trays onto the work surface 5 or 6 times to get any air bubbles out, and set aside for 1 hour to form a skin. Towards the end of the hour, preheat your oven to 150°C/130°C fan. Transfer the buttercream to a piping bag with the piping nozzle of your choice fitted. Pipe the buttercream over the cupcakes however you like. Transfer the meringue mixture to a piping bag fitted with a large round nozzle. Pipe the meringue onto each cupcake, pointing the nozzle downwards until it creates a wider bottom, then lift slightly as you release. Repeat with a slightly smaller blob and lift for a smaller top.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop