Soviet Chess Primer (Chess Classics)

Soviet Chess Primer (Chess Classics)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

For example, simple tactics like pins and forks are easy enough for even absolute beginners to understand. Ultimately, I'd recommend this for the serious beginner or early-intermediate chess player looking to deepen his or her knowledge of the game. I really liked the simple language used in this book , and a lot and lot of the innumerable chess themes and every fundamentals are covered with great detail and instructive examples. Alekhine’s “my best games of chess” is a good start because games and notes are very clear and thorough.

Another neat feature is that new concepts are in many cases are introduced and the author then cites the diagram numbers from previous sections to point out that the new concepts exists in *those* positions as well. It has inspired generations of Russians to take up the game, including arguably the two greatest players of all time, the 12th and 13th World Champions. If his name is recognized at all, it is as a co-author of the classic Pawn Endings with Yuri Averbakh, although in truth Maizelis was its primary author.This entry was posted in Instructional, problems, Studies and tagged Ilya Maizelis, Quality Chess, The Soviet Chess Primer on June 4, 2015 by fullcityplus.

If you are new to the game, check out /r/chessbeginners and before posting here please read our rules: https://www. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice.This new edition of a timeless classic includes the original foreword from the 2nd World Champion, Emanuel Lasker, as well as an introduction from the most celebrated chess trainer of modern times, Mark Dvoretsky.

If you have a national chess federation ELO rating of 1300-1599 I highly recommend this fantastic book. Please contact us in advance for advice on best procedure, as in certain circumstances we are able to send our courier to collect items. The translation by John Sugden reads well, and – as one expects from Quality Chess – the production values are high.This is a great instructional technique as the student sees firsthand with positions they've gained familiarity with earlier that any given chess position will have multiple themes in it. Maizelis’ book is fascinating, especially for the reader interested in chess culture and history, but it is not a primer by any stretch of the imagination. Really excellent book, found it useful after coming back to chess after a break, interspersed with key ideas and principles for all parts of your game. Those world be my 3 picks, maybe also an easier tactics book before Polgar, not that it’s hard, but maybe it’s too much for a total beginner.

Os exercícios também são muito difíceis desde o início, mas não são impossíveis, e ajudam muito a melhorar o cálculo. Despite my reservations about the title, The Soviet Chess Primer is a fine book and its acclaim is deserved. Each chapter concludes with a whimsical set of “Entertainment Pages,” where miniatures and ‘fun exercises’ appear, and some of the original drawings are brought over from the Russian. Take, for instance, this ‘ancient puzzle’ (72) used to illustrate the restriction of piece mobility.I purchased it in 2015 while participating on a fide tournament and since then , I have been reading through (playing and solving should I say) this book and it is pure gold for anyone wishing to learn and master the game. The Soviet Chess Primer is a modern English translation of Maizelis's witty introduction to the royal game. Nevertheless, as someone who remembers the white-hot rivalry of their world championship matches, I was startled when I received the new translation of Ilya Maizelis’ The Soviet Chess Primer from Quality Chess.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop