Adam A5X Active Amplified Professional Studio Monitor Speaker

Adam A5X Active Amplified Professional Studio Monitor Speaker

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

An ideal speaker has a lightweight cone that doesn't deform or resonate, so that it can act as a true piston throughout its operating range. I like the A5X because it's smaller (don't have a ton of room on my desk), has front ports, front power and gain, and can be chained via RCA which is really convenient as a desktop setup.

You'll still find the power switch and volume setting on the front panel, where they can be easily adjusted, but the power LED is now green (blue is apparently no longer fashionable!This subreddit is for the budget minded audiophile that wants to grow out of soundbars, boomboxes, mini systems, portable bluetooth, lifestyle speakers, and PC peripheral branded audio solutions. As for the 4-inchers, yep most online comments, and now yours on top, conclude that the 4" will be too small for electronic music so I am eliminating all of them from my list as well. Presonus has entered the studio monitor marketplace and created some effective and inexpensive offerings that are worth a look.

The Chord Mojo has an almost surreal ability to deconstruct music and reassemble it in an intelligible and highly detailed, layered, manner. Is it worth it to get monitors if producing in an untreated room or should I just continue with headphones? Dynaudio’s newest line, the LYD series bring top-level studio performance to intermediate engineers. Two things that I need to figure out: do they hiss, and how do I get them to ear-height (I have a regular, 1-tier desk)?The "X" in A5X stands for "extended frequency response" -- and for you, it means flatter phase response, longer sessions without listening fatigue, and mixes that "breathe" more naturally. It goes without saying that all models of the AX-Series are equipped with our X-ART tweeter that is handmade in Berlin. Instead of producing sound by means of a vibrating diaphragm, the ART (and ADAM Audio’s subsequent generations of the concept, X-ART and S-ART) employs a pleated diaphragm capable of moving the air four times faster than its own folds – hence the ART name (Accelerating Ribbon Technology). Beyond that, shelving filters allow further adaptation to room acoustics with the A5X, A7X, A8X and A77X.

Adam are clearly aiming the A5 at a wide target audience, with applications including MP3 playback, surround sound, computer games and desktop audio, but don't let the more frivolous applications distract you from what is, at its heart, a very serious professional tool. A lot of people praise Genelecs but they are expensive and this model, which is already stretching my budget, is a 5".

My only concern is that the A5X (and to a greater extent the new A8X), are slightly more scooped and forgiving in the midrange than earlier ADAMs. Adam's A7 two‑way active monitor has proven to be a firm favourite with project studio owners, so I was particularly keen to see how the new A7X could improve on the original. I was afraid these changes might dilute the mid-forward magic of ADAM’s original designs, but so far, they appear to have pulled it off. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). ADAM Audio has refined the original, innovative design, employing superior geometries and materials to achieve unprecedented audio fidelity.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop