GODOX Lux Junior Retro Camera Flash Speedlite Speedlight On-Camera Flash GN12 6000K±200K Compatible with Sony, Nikon, Olympus, Fujifilm, Panasonic Cameras

£9.9
FREE Shipping

GODOX Lux Junior Retro Camera Flash Speedlite Speedlight On-Camera Flash GN12 6000K±200K Compatible with Sony, Nikon, Olympus, Fujifilm, Panasonic Cameras

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Now you might say that simply looking cool does not make it any better as a photographic device, and in a sense that’s true. In fact, the reflector is not just for show; as I discuss in the “Light quality” section below, it creates a softer, more flattering light. But even going by appearances alone, I find I’m more likely to use a device if I like the look and feel of it, and that, albeit indirectly, leads to better photos.

Lux Junior Retro-Styled Manual On-Camera Speedlite | Godox

The Lux Senior has manually adjustable power settings, from full power down to 1/64 in one-stop increments (Full, 1/2, 1/4 … 1/64). The photos in this article were shot at 1/64 power, except the “shutter drag” photos (see below) which were at 1/4. So I was clearly using only a fraction of the light output which this unit is capable of. And if I wanted more light, I could have also used a higher ISO or wider aperture (I was shooting at a modest ISO 100-250 and f/5.6-13). S1 and S2 optical slave modes are available (but I don’t really see anyone using this flash as one) Leofoto Leofoto Urban Leofoto Ranger Leofoto Mr.Q / Mr.O / Mr.Y Leofoto Poseidon Leofoto Athena Leofoto Summit Leofoto Video Leofoto Monopod Phụ kiện

Light quality

Tamron Tamron DI III (Sony E) Tamron Di III (Fujifilm X) Tamron Di III (Nikon Z) Tamron DI (Canon / Nikon) Tamron DI II (Canon / Nikon) Tương thích Tamron Lens Utility Phụ kiện Tamron The Lux Junior features a Vintage, Retro aesthetic, with controls based around the dial and switches of yesteryear. With its silver-coloured accent and classic textured surface, the Lux Junior is the perfect companion for enthusiasts who enjoys the vintage look. Keep It Simple With the transition to digital and its progressive evolution, cameras began to have incredible results at ISOs of 800, 1600, and even higher, making flashes obsolete. Moreover, in an attempt to depart ourselves from a not-too-distant past when the use of flash was more of a necessity than an option, most of us avoided using it. The hundreds of articles and YouTube videos in which the “experts” tell you to never use on-camera flash, are the result of this evolution in aesthetics, trying to escape from a recent past when 400/800 was considered high ISO, almost as if it embarrassed us. Joby Gorillapod Joby Joby Gorillapod 1K Joby Gorillapod 3K Joby Gorillapod 5K Phụ kiện Joby Phụ kiện điện thoại Phụ kiện máy tính bảng Even at 1/64 power, the flash clearly makes a difference. The two photos below were shot with and without flash, keeping all other settings constant. The Lux Senior may not be as powerful as some of Godox’s other offerings, but in low-light settings, or even in bright daylight when used as fill-flash, I think it’s more than adequate. ISO 250, f/5.6, 1/25 sec. Flash power: 1/64. ISO 250, f/5.6, 1/25 sec. No flash. Shutter drag

Godox Lux Senior Flash – Street Portraits and First - 35mmc Godox Lux Senior Flash – Street Portraits and First - 35mmc

For example, if a photographer wants to shoot from a distance of five feet from a subject with an ISO of 400, the dial lines up f/5.6 and 1/16 power. While it can be adjusted manually, the Lux Senior also has an Auto Mode that defaults to f/2.8 at ISO 100. But this feeling is not new, nor did it start with Stranger Things. Just think about the evolution of cameras, which looked like hi-tech tools from the space age, and nowadays, many of us prefer the looks of retro-styled camera models. The OM-D line does justice to the heritage of Olympus’ OM series. The same with the PEN lineup, with the maximum exponent of elegance achieved with the PEN-F.

Flash power

But aesthetics is not an exact science. It’s in constant motion, sometimes in circles. My kids loved watching every season of Stranger Things. They thought their clothes were amazing and funny at the same time, but also their bikes, their houses, and then the technology of the time… it was just awesome! And I enjoyed watching this series as much, or maybe more than they did. That feeling of nostalgia for a time when life used to be simple washed over me with every episode, and this series conquered the hearts of everyone, of all ages. It is no coincidence that Kate Bush reached Number 1 in the UK chart. Just when we thought Godox had been bold with the Lux Junior, here’s the Lux Senior with its collapsible fan-type reflector. Once again, and I don’t get tired of saying this, sometimes the solutions for our future can be found in our past. And with this device, Godox has combined contemporary technology with the wonderful retro style of this type of flash, so characteristic of the 50s and 60s and widely used by reporters and wedding photographers from that time.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop