119 Days to Go: How to train for and smash your first marathon

119 Days to Go: How to train for and smash your first marathon

RRP: £12.99
Price: £6.495
£6.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

In this beautifully designed and not-at-all scary marathon training guide, Chris Evans breaks down how we can all get ourselves off our sofas, up on our feet and onto that start line. No missing or damaged pages, no creases or tears, no underlining or highlighting of text, and no writing in the margins. As I approach my first marathon, in which I fully expect to be the last to cross the finish line (hand in hand with my friend Deb), Lisa’s book tells me that this is not a problem or a stigma. Ebooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook). From the well-known London, Berlin and New York marathons to the less exotic but potentially harder “Steyning Stinger” and “Clarendon Way” marathons – asthmatic Phil’s passion is clear to see as he battles the weather, endless hills, polluted air, mile/km conversions, mud, mindless routes and – most of all – himself as he seeks that all elusive personal best.

I have only managed one marathon at the time of writing, but Ben makes you feel that you could do anything you put your mind too – it doesn’t necessarily take hard training, speed and poring over “Runner’s World” as if it is the bible, it takes heart, determination and the right running companions! Very experienced long distance ultra runners (min 3 years’ experience) or are doing regular long distance running (>50 miles) with elevation and conditions shown (where possible).chapters – each chapter starting with the next painful mile Vasso experiences on his first ever “Outlaw” Ironman Triathlon. Rob Pope is an ultra-distance runner, and he joined the Chris Evans Breakfast Show with Sky to talk about his incredible story. I went through the blisters in the first couple of weeks, then I got tendonitis in my shin and ended up 500 miles in sobbing in a gas station to a lady was hugging me saying it'll be okay. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site.

When I was training for the London Marathon 2023, I used this as a journal to document my runs and training, how I felt , I didn't follow the plan exactly but I did most of it, I just loved writing my runs and fuels in, and kept notes, I found it useful,more like a diary of my running, I liked Chris advise too. For all ebook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing HarperCollins username and password.

Now I HATE carrying anything in my hands when I run, but in the hotter months it is important to carry water (and door keys! Today we publish some of the world's foremost authors, from Nobel prize-winners to worldwide bestsellers recent successes including the Booker-winning Wolf Hall and Bring Up The Bodies by Hilary Mantel, and George RR Martin's blockbusting A Song of Ice and Fire series. If you've ever been heckled on a run, it might be nice to know that even Rob gets it too: "If you're running down the street past a pub, especially if you've got a beard, everyone's had the 'run Forrest, run!

This works well and gives a great insight into their character, their achievements and what continues to drive them to run long. This book is a well written and descriptive look into how Vassos got started, the experiences he has hated, enjoyed and learnt from, and his journey from running as a health choice (to lose the pounds he put on due to his “frazzles” addiction!Funny, candid and motivating, this book will not only help you succeed in your marathon quest but empower you to complete the distance any way you want.

What attracted me to this book was the promise that it was written by someone who describes herself as “ordinary” and only started running in her late 30s – maybe someone I could relate to even though I am not an ultra-runner myself.The 401 challenge was Ben’s way of dealing with the horrors of his past and at the same time raising funds to make the future better for youngsters in a similar situation… in a very public and energetic way!

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop