Don't Overthink It: Make Easier Decisions, Stop Second-Guessing, and Bring More Joy to Your Life

£5.995
FREE Shipping

Don't Overthink It: Make Easier Decisions, Stop Second-Guessing, and Bring More Joy to Your Life

RRP: £11.99
Price: £5.995
£5.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Set a limit on the time it takes you to make a decision. When we procrastinate on a choice, we can wear ourselves out, miss out on other important aspects of life, and make things more complicated than they have to be. Yes, certainly we may need to take time to gather important information, but often the best answer is right there in front of our nose – we just get wrapped up in trying to do this “perfectly” (as if such a thing existed) or in trying to avoid the work or uncomfortable feelings we might be in for once we actually make our decision. For relatively simple decisions, set a timer for 15 minutes, weigh your options, and come up with the best (not perfect!) decision, then act on it. For more complicated decisions, set a timer for 30 minutes a day (at most) to think about the matter, then change the subject. If you feel tempted to mull the issue over some more, remind yourself that your unconscious brain is working behind the scenes on your behalf, and that you can resume your problem-solving tomorrow (at the earliest). A small note. Put a post-it or something similar with your reminder somewhere where you cannot avoid seeing it every day. You may even want make a few copies and put them in strategic places like your workspace, bathroom mirror and on the fridge. When we spend too much time analyzing our problems and challenges, we only make matters worse for ourselves. Furthermore, constant overthinking might lead to a lot of sleepless nights. If you’re dealing with insomnia caused by overthinking, here are some relatable late night overthinking quotes. Walking, swimming or exercising the body can take your mind off temporarily, from the habit overthinking. Anything that keeps your mind occupied with some activity that doesn’t allow you to overthink is okay.

OVERTHINK | English meaning - Cambridge Dictionary OVERTHINK | English meaning - Cambridge Dictionary

Don’t spend so much time overthinking things that you start to doubt yourself and your ability to do them. Just relax, take a deep breath, and go for it.” – Unknown The problems and thoughts you list are the weeds creating stress and anxiety. After surfacing them on paper, or voicing them to a friend, now’s the time to brainstorm solutions.

Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability. Thinking has, many a time, made me sad, darling; but doing never did in all my life… My precept is, ‘Do something, my sister, do good if you can; but, at any rate, do something’.” Elizabeth Gaskell One study discovered that when athletes overthink, it disrupts their performance. It’s no wonder because when you overthink, you examine every action you make. This introspection causes you to second guess and doubts your ability to do things. A trained athlete relies on their mental and physical ability to perform. In the same way, if your mind is distracted, and you doubt your abilities, you won’t be able to do your work. This process can be disruptive to your job. This is a big red flag indicating that you’re overthinking things. 3 – Not paying attention to the people in your life. Awareness.First, notice when you’re overthinking. When you feel anxious, identify what your mind is doing. Are you going over and over something in your head? Is one thought repetitively spinning around in your brain, without your making any progress or coming to any resolution on the matter? That’s overthinking.

Stop Overthinking Now: 18 Ways to Control Your Mind Again

Don’t get too deep, it leads to over thinking, and over thinking leads to problems that don’t even exist in the first place. I’m so excited for this job interview” transforms into “I wonder if they liked me” and then morphs into “oh, I’m so stupid! I shouldn’t have said that! I’m definitely not getting an offer.” Retire into thyself. The rational principle which rules has this nature, that it is content with itself when it does what is just, and so secures tranquility." I have to remind myself, stop thinking about the future. Stop thinking about what happened at work today, or another choice you could have made." p>Martha is a full-time creative writer, content strategist, and aspiring screenwriter who communicates complex thoughts and ideas effectively. She has completed her Bachelor's in Linguistics from Nasarawa State University. As an enthusiast of public relations and communication, Martha is well-prepared to substantially impact your organization as your next content writer and strategist. Her dedication to her craft and commitment to delivering high-quality work enables her to create compelling content that resonates with audiences.

You can overthink a small problem or challenge until it looks like a huge and undefeatable monster. Put your thoughts to sleep. Do not let them cast a shadow over the moon of your heart. Let go of thinking." In a moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing to do, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.” Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

How to Stop Overthinking: Signs, Causes, and Ways to Cope

You start blaming yourself for things you didn’t do and worrying about scenarios that may or may not happen.

Thinking too much leads to paralysis by analysis. It's important to think things through, but many use thinking as a means of avoiding action." Don’t worry so much about what might happen in the future because you have no way of predicting it. Instead, focus on living your life to the fullest today and enjoy every moment as it comes.” – Unknown

Understand Overthinking and Rein It In | Psychology Today

Staying aware of your negative habit and catching yourself as soon as you start falling into that trap of overthinking as you go about your day can be a big help. Worrying itself isn’t a disease. In fact, it’s a problem a lot of people face. But when you let overthinking take over your life, it can eventually turn into anxiety.It also helps to give your brainpower a boost and increases your overall satisfaction with life. More satisfaction means less time to worry! Most of us never stop to consider our blessings; rather, we spend the day only thinking about our problems."

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop