As Good As Dead: TikTok made me buy it! The brand new and final book in the bestselling YA thriller trilogy (A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder, Book 3)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

As Good As Dead: TikTok made me buy it! The brand new and final book in the bestselling YA thriller trilogy (A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder, Book 3)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Absolutely loved the first 2 books - and even this one, to an extent - and I think the three stars are well deserved, if for nothing else, for keeping the characters and plot sharply in the front of my mind several weeks after finishing it! She had a fight-or-flight heart, felt danger pressing in on her when there was none, could hear gunshots in any sound if she wanted to, scared of the night but not of the dark, even scared to look down at her own hands. I find it very weird that so many reviewers are applauding Pip and saying the ending was great, when the characters all made such stupid choices and literally did the very thing that the first book exposed as reprehensible (framing someone for a murder they didn’t commit! On the other hand, I can see why it would be the perfect route to take in bringing this trilogy to an end.

Where I lost it was in her realisation that she would never be safe until a conviction had been secured – so long as it wasn’t hers. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice.I enjoyed the first half of the book, and I am surprised that my guess for the culprit is on the beam compared to the last two books.

The depictions of the hallucinations, the PTSD response, were too frequent and repetitive, and I did not find them disturbing or shocking enough from a narrative point of view. And Pip knew, as her eyes trailed away from him, that this wasn’t just about her own survival; she knew herself well enough by now.I get that she thought no one would believe her over some respectable white guy, that he might not even have been arrested. But that means it made me feel and thats for me the most important thing in a book that it makes me feel and that was what As good as dead delivered. As most people will know, A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder has been my favourite book of all time ever since its release. However, the twist of events is too abrupt and far-fetched, I was caught off guard by the shift in tone from book one and two's playful inquisitiveness to this novel's trauma-filled narrative.

When Jason leaves her alone which is in his MO, Pip knows that if she doesn’t escape now she is going to do and nothing like fighting for your life brings out the strongest parts of yourself.

You see, she didn't kill the guy in self-defense, she wasn't in a situation where that would have been the only option. Pip doesn’t share the statistics about male stalkers often killing their victims with Ravi but she does share information on a very similar set of murders that happened around the same time Andie Bell died. They set the scene they need and then head home to create their alibis, Ravi with his cousin and Pip with her friends and she turns to Nat, Jamie and Connor for it explaining that she can put Max away for good but they can never ask her how and she will never tell them and they surprisingly agree. She’s already lashed out twice with regard to Max and while first-book Pip probably wouldn’t have, I can see how in the stress of the moment Pip might have the idea to frame Max.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop