I am That

I am That

RRP: £27.99
Price: £13.995
£13.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The phrase translated “I am who I am” in Hebrew is ehyeh asher ehyeh. The word ehyeh is the first person common singular of the verb to be. It would be used in any number of normal situations: “I am watching the sheep,” “I am walking on the road,” or “I am his father.” However, when used as a stand-alone description, I AM is the ultimate statement of self-sufficiency, self-existence, and immediate presence. God’s existence is not contingent upon anyone else. His plans are not contingent upon any circumstances. He promises that He will be what He will be; that is, He will be the eternally constant God. He stands, ever-present and unchangeable, completely sufficient in Himself to do what He wills to do and to accomplish what He wills to accomplish. In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day. ... Suggest a Verse Enter a Verse Reference (e.g., John 3:16-17) Rodney Smith; Joseph Goldstein (2010). Stepping Out of Self-deception. Shambhala Publications. pp.xv. ISBN 978-0-8348-2296-2. So Hum and Om So Hum are great beginner’s mantras for anyone new to working with repeated phrases. It is short, easy to remember, and easy to pronounce, which makes it a great phrase for people of any language. There’s no need to work through complex Sanskrit spellings or pronunciations. Watch your thoughts and watch yourself watching the thoughts. The state of freedom from all thoughts will happen suddenly and by the bliss of it you shall recognize it.”

A possible explanation for the composition of the name Jehovah from the Hebrew might be yehi—he will be; hovi—being; hah yah—he was. 5 Jehovah might also be understood as an acronym using parts of the same Hebrew words, making Ye-hov-ah, a name that states, “I will be (future) because I am (present) because I was (past).” Hayes, Christine. "RLST 145 - Lecture 7 - Israel in Egypt: Moses and the Beginning of Yahwism (Genesis 37- Exodus 4) | Open Yale Courses". oyc.yale.edu . Retrieved 2020-06-15. It is a concept with immense potential for personal growth that can help us live more meaningful lives. This phrase holds numerous layers of meaning, ranging from its origin in Exodus 3:14 to its potential interpretation as an expression of one’s identity. I AM THAT I AM (also referred to as Essential Divinity, The Absolute, God, etc) is the maker of heaven and earth, ruler of all that is seen and unseen. All other gods are mere shadows of His Divine Presence. It is the Supreme Creator whose word caused The All to be created out of the dying silence of the Void. His emanations brought forth the gods, angels, spirits, and spheres. His manifestations, Yahweh and Shekinah, are fundamental aspects of the Tree of Life, residing at the highest world. The Essential Divinity is the indefinable essence that pervades Creation, from which all godheads springs from. It transcends names and definitions, with any identity trying to be assigned to it merely becoming something lesser than what it is supposed to be.Nisargadatta Maharaj; Jean Dunn (1990). Prior to Consciousness: Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj. Acorn Press. ISBN 978-0-89386-024-0. Stone, Robert E. II (2000). "I Am Who I Am". In Freedman, David Noel; Myers, Allen C. (eds.). Eerdmans Dictionary of the Bible. Eerdmans. ISBN 9789053565032. We cannot understand all aspects of life or see the greater picture beyond what is within our reach; however, this does not mean there is nothing else out there.

Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj was an Indian spiritual teacher and philosopher of Advaita (Nondualism), and a Guru, belonging to the Navnath Sampradaya. Sri Nisargadatta, with his direct and minimalistic explanation of non-dualism, is considered the most famous teacher of Advaita since Ramana Maharshi. In 1973, the publication of his most famous and widely-translated book, "I AM THAT", an English translation of his talks in Marathi by Maurice Frydman, brought him worldwide recognition and followers. Nic, Higham (2018). Living the life that you are: finding wholeness when you feel lost, isolated, and afraid. Oakland, CA. ISBN 9781684030859. OCLC 994000117. {{ cite book}}: CS1 maint: location missing publisher ( link) Your High opinion of me is your opinion only. Any moment you may change it. Why attach importance to opinions, even your own ?” Father Battista Mondin, O.P. (2022). Ontologia e metafisica[ Ontology and metaphysics]. Filosofia (in Italian) (3rded.). Edizioni Studio Domenicano. p.104. ISBN 978-88-5545-053-9. Earlier Jehovah’s love is even clearer as the first possible reference of the gospel is declared: “And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; he shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel” (Gen. 3:15). Here God reveals several significant truths. The woman’s seed (Messiah) will deliver a deathblow to the serpent’s head; but all the serpent will do is bruise, or crush, Messiah’s heel. A head blow to a serpent is fatal. Not so with a blow to the heel.And Gideon built an altar there unto the Lord, and called it Jehovahshalom: unto this day it is yet in Ophrah of the Abiezrites” ( Judges 6:24). In Exodus 6:3, God told Moses, “And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty [Hebrew, El Shaddai], but by my name JEHOVAH [Hebrew, YHVH, vowel-pointed as Yehovah] was I not known.” Q: In sleep there is neither the known, nor the knower. What keeps the body sensitive and receptive?

The Lord revealed to Moses that even though He had established a relationship with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; revealed His power and might to them; and established an unconditional covenant with them, He had never revealed to them His special name. His purpose in revealing it to Moses was clear: he 430 years of Jewish separation from the land of promise was about to end. God wanted His people to know that He remembered the covenant He had made with their father Abraham. So He revealed to Moses His unique identity to assure the Israelites that He would bring them into the land of their inheritance. It has been said that Nisargadatta´s style was direct, and even at times aggressive. [25] He very rarely mentioned scriptures or quoted spiritual books. His teachings came from his own experience. [26] Nisarga Yoga [ edit ] I Am That" is a wonderful book. The path to self realization is covered in simple language and ways. Nisargadatta Maharaj's wisdom shines through and with the translation being excellent, the result is almost poetic. He speaks consistently on the direct experience of "I am", getting rid of all misconceptions of the mind. Of the entire narrative, I only felt his answers on personal virtue (smoking, food habits) and action to end suffering were inadequate and inconsistent with the rest of the teachings.In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is His name whereby He shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS” ( Jeremiah 23:6). ehye ’ăšer ’ehye) is the first of three responses given to Moses when he asks for God's name in the Book of Exodus. [2] The word אֶהְיֶה‎ ( ’Ehyeh) is the first person singular imperfective form of הָיָה ( hayah), 'to be', and owing to the peculiarities of Hebrew grammar means 'I am' and 'I will be'. [3] The meaning of the longer phrase ’ehyeh ’ăšer ’ehyeh is debated, and might be seen as a promise ('I will be with you') or as statement of incomparability ('I am without equal'). [4] Nisargadatta Maharaj met his guru, Siddharameshwar Maharaj, in 1933. Siddharameshwar died two and half years later, and Nisargadatta continued to practice what his guru had taught him while running a small shop in Khetwadi locality in Girgaon, Mumbai. In 1951, after receiving an inner revelation from his guru, he began to give initiations. He allowed devotees to gather twice a day for satsang, with meditation, bhajan-singing, and the answering of questions, continuing until his death on 8 September 1981, at the age of 84. [18] I thought I would never hear your voice again,” my friend tells me, crying. She says my call is the best one she has ever received in her whole life. I know she has received better ones, but I can imagine the fear she and all our loved ones must have felt.

God wanted to assure Moses and Israel that God would become what they would need Him to become. In using the words “I AM THAT I AM,” God used an expression to reveal to Moses a promise and pledge found in His name. This recognition of something larger allows us to open ourselves to faith and trust instead of fear and doubt. You Can Be Whatever You Want Some Palestinian families continue to live in their cars or in tents set up in the streets. Photograph: Anadolu Agency/Anadolu/Getty Images Each pleasure is wrapped in pain. You soon discover that you cannot have one without the other … Real happiness is not vulnerable, because it does not depend on circumstances … Real happiness flows from within.”

At some point in the process, you may find your sense of life and yourself and the world disintegrating. This is normal. Just take it easy, OK? Take long walks and, for goodness sake, keep your mouth shut! Otherwise you'll soon be cornering strangers in cafés. "I read the most mind-blowing amazing book. It's called I AM THAT. All the mysteries of life are in it! I think I might be enlightened. Shouldn't we be sleeping together?" There are several variations of this phrase, including: So Hum, Sohum, Soham, So Ham, Saham, and is sometimes inverted as Hamsah. When the phrase is altered slightly, it can also translate to: “I am the Swan,” as is the case in so ‘ham hamsah. In this variation, the Swan refers to Atman. This collection of practice interviews with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj never fails to astonish me. Students bring him the most difficult and abstruse philosophical and religious questions, and without fail he answers them clearly and directly, in plain, simple language that is easy to understand. I've rarely encountered any testimony of any spiritual master that was more persuasive on its face of the profound degree of insight and obtainment on the part of its master. Understanding explains why staying true to oneself no matter what happens always leads one down a path filled with serenity instead of chaos brought on by others’ judgmental views! We Are All The Same The idea is that by paying attention to the subtleties of life, we will find balance, harmony, and peace—all necessary components for true spiritual growth. Live In The Moment

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop