Maille Dijon - Mustard with Honey - 200ml

Maille Dijon - Mustard with Honey - 200ml

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

And since I’m talking about class, of course I brought a bottle of Grey Poupon (6). Anybody who grew up in the 1980s or ‘90s probably remembers the commercials where one rich guy would roll down the window of his Rolls Royce and ask the other rich guy in his Rolls Royce if he had any Grey Poupon, which helped make the mustard that has a French name but is actually made in America seem extra fancy. And I will say, even as I watched a rat scurry off with a piece of my pretzel in one of those disgusting “Only in New York” moments, that little hit of white wine in the Grey Poupon really made me feel like a fancy man.

Maille and Mike's Hot Honey come together to create a special edition condiment: Hot Honey Dijon Mustard INGREDIENTS: SUGAR, WATER, SPIRIT VINEGAR, MUSTARD SEED, HONEY, MUSTARD FLOUR, SALT, POTASSIUM METABISULFITE (USED TO PROTECT QUALITY), TURMERIC, CARAMEL COLOR (CONTAINS WHEAT), CITRIC ACID, SPICES, PAPRIKA. According to Beard biographer John Birdsall, the mustard story was originally pitched to him by Esquire as a piece on ketchup, but Beard preferred mustard. “I think the pay was good, and Beard wanted to be more accessible, more populist too. It was right up his alley.” Birdsall also points out that the chef and writer was, indeed, a big fan of mustard. “Alsatian choucroute was one of his favorite dishes (especially at Brasserie Lipp in Paris), for which mustard(s) is essential. In American Cookery (1972), he calls for buttering a corned beef sandwich and serving mustard on the side, which I think is genius, but for which New York Times reviewer Ray Sokolov dragged him over the coals.” Burgundy-based dijon producer Edmond Fallot also said additional cost pressures around raw materials were having an impact on production. The shortages in France raise questions over whether the UK market could suffer similar supply issues, though retailers and producers appear calm for now.One of France’s largest mustard producers, Reine de Dijon, said the shortages were being driven by climate breakdown. The group’s general manager, Luc Vandermaesen, said a “heat dome” in Canada at the beginning of July in 2021 had “really dried up the crops”. It is understood that Maille, a popular dijon mustard brand in the UK, has experienced seed supply issues, while English mustard brand Colman’s remains unaffected. Unilever, which owns both brands, declined to comment.

Gulden’s mustards, but mostly the yellow (18) and spicy brown: Perfect all-around mustards and you can’t beat the price and availability. Drizzle this special hot honey mustard on pizza or wings, pair it with cheese, or your favorite sandwich. Ideal for adding a burst of flavor to any dish of Reference Intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal). % of Reference Intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal). % of Reference Intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal). % of Reference In INGREDIENTS: Water, Mike's Hot Honey (Honey, Cjili Peppers, Vinegar) Distilled Vinegar, Mustard Seeds, Mustard Flour, Salt, Citric AcidIngredients: Honey mustard (55%) (sugar, water, spirit vinegar, MUSTARD seeds, honey (8%), salt, spices, citric acid, colour (ammonia caramel), preservative (potassium METABISULPHITE), Aceto Balsamico di Modena (IGP) balsamic vinegar (42%) (concentrated grape must, wine vinegar, colour (SULPHITE ammonia caramel), modified corn starch. All Beaver mustards, but specifically the hot Olde English (17) mustard: The finest spicy English mustard style I tried. The point is that I really love to understand what it is about certain dishes that make our nation’s food cognoscenti freak out. But I’d never considered taking it to lengths I consider irrational until I saw James Beard’s best mustards list. Given all that, ranking the best mustards is useless. I know we love ranking things these days, but there’s no ranking here. Instead, I present you the whittled-down version of James Beard’s mustard list. The five mustards that stand out and that I will always keep on hand after my mustard journey. Discover a wide selection of our inspiring recipes, many developed specially for Maille by renowned chefs. All are a joy to prepare and will satisfy the most demanding taste buds

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop