What Would the Aunties Say?: A brown girl's guide to being yourself and living your best life

£6.495
FREE Shipping

What Would the Aunties Say?: A brown girl's guide to being yourself and living your best life

RRP: £12.99
Price: £6.495
£6.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

the family repeats the chant, this time to bring Mei’s mother’s panda under control after she hurts herself, raging against Mei’s adolescent rebellion. I wasn’t an insta follower of Anchal’s before, but was intrigued by the interracial couple episodes and am so impressed, especially by her ability to connect with her guests and share so openly. Him and his family would think one way, and me being a British Asian young woman thinks completely a different way.

What Would The Aunties Say‪?‬ Anchal - Apple Podcasts What Would The Aunties Say‪?‬ Anchal - Apple Podcasts

They may feel some shame, but that's on them and that's personal, but all in all, I think everybody gets it, because they were once a young brown girl, too. These are typical lines we hear from South Asian families and the Aunties when speaking about Interracial Relationships at home. The eight-part series delves pretty deeply into a number of topics that aren't frequently discussed in the South Asian community, from mental health and marriage to anti-Blackness and colourism. We discuss her experiences as a brown woman in a predominantly white industry and the pressures of following a particular career path. She comes from a Muslim background, and it is very different, so I'm quite lucky in the sense that I could just wear what I wanted — to a certain degree.It's one of the most brave things that you can do, and if you can openly talk to someone and say, "I go to therapy," I think that is way more brave than anything. He tells her it doesn’t really matter — the ritual just requires participants to sing from the heart. These are some of the things you may hear from a South Asian Auntie when seeing a child or person that may have a disability. We’ll also be getting into how to deal with those toxic family members and I’ll be joined by Kaushal and Vex King. And my dad was like, "No, you're not going to make any money," and then she ended up doing a degree in journalism.

What Would The Aunties Say‪?‬ Anchal - Apple Podcasts

Anchal Seda is a prolific social media content creator an, presenter and culture champion based in London. A: Ever since I was a young child, I have recorded myself on webcams and created my own shows and formed characters. Shi wanted to make sure a native speaker was involved in developing the chant, so she and her team reached out to Herman Wong, the Hong Kong-based Asian-Pacific operations director for Disney Character Voices International, the Disney division that handles translation and dubbing services. I was born in the states so it’s so nice to hear another desi who loves their culture but wants to challenge it too (like the racism in our community).I always grew up feeling a bit of anger towards Asians, and I still have moments where I'm super judgemental. Noticing a pretty big gap in the beauty content world, she started creating beauty content targeted at brown-skinned girls on YouTube. Maybe you’ve just made a bet with your sibling and you’re here to prove them wrong, or you’re sending Christmas cards and want to get the spelling right. I wanted to speak about certain things that would annoy me or things that I would get into a debate with my dad about at home.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop