Sony IER-Z1R Signature Series in-Ear Headphones (IERZ1R),Black/Silver

Sony IER-Z1R Signature Series in-Ear Headphones (IERZ1R),Black/Silver

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This definitely more of the flavour that the Z1R already offered, but I don't think it makes the Z1R sounds too warm at all.

IER-Z1R | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org SONY IER-Z1R | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

Headphone cable (approx. 47 1/4″ [1.2 m])/balanced-connection headphone cable (approx. 47 1/4″ [1.2 m]) Dirty Heads “Sound of Change” opens with a deep bass line and it sounds excellent on the Z1R, the vocals still further away, but the instrument separation is excellent and you can hear the fingers running over the strings of the guitars from 1:09 to 1:12 (which is kind of annoying, but detailed.) Compared to the Z1R, the XTC-C bass comes in with a little less quantity, but no less quality - the vocals are more forward and clearer/cleaner on the XTC-C. The fingers on strings mentioned previously are still there, but less grating than on the Z1R (which seems to struggle a little with sharpness in the highs.) I find the Denon’s livelier and more exciting, I much prefer it’s bass (it’s deeper and hits harder). It sounds more airy and it is more detailed and clear, the size of it’s mids are also better. I prefer it’s build quality and looks also, it is even easier to power and drive too. Oh, and it costs 1/4 of the price! One quarter, I’ll let that sink in for a while… This full-size flagship was introduced in 2014, two years before the Z1R. Sound-wise the Z7 offers a more focused, more robust and less refined signature than the full-size Z1R. We are gifted with a smaller soundstage though still amazingly expansive. Bass is all in one area as well as a lovely upper treble soundstage presentation. Build quality is through the roof as well as form factor being smaller of the two full-size flagships here. This headphone exudes excitement and fun in an almost wonderful expensive yet trashy but cool way.................. it’s the very definition of a guilty necessity. The position of the Instruments, the layering, the crowd around and behind me, everything is exactly where it belongs and this is what i use the MDR-Z1R for most of the time. I have a lot of very well recorded Live BluRay and DVD and if i listen to any of them, there is no question about the choice of Headphone.One of the reasons headphones and earphones in India are more expensive than overseas is because of the Goods & Services Tax in India. The signature of the IER-Z1R is mildly V-shaped with a strong focus in the sub-bass rather than midbass. Rumble comes through well-articulated while percussive beats are clean and well-defined with almost zero smearing despite its emphasis. In terms of soundstage/imaging, the former goes to the IER-Z1R whereas the Andro 2020 has slightly better center-imaging than the IER-Z1R but similar cardinal/ordinal imaging otherwise. Vocals sound full bodied but vibration is still heard very clearly carrying the singers emotion in it. Comfort = horrible. Fit = atrocious. Isolation = above average (when pushed deep into the canals, basically how these IEMs are supposed to be worn). Wearing the Sony IER-Z1R for any length of time is a challenge and will definitely be the deal-breaker for most people. Auditioning the IEM before purchasing is strongly advised.

IER-Z1R Impressions and Measurements – In-Ear Fidelity Sony IER-Z1R Impressions and Measurements – In-Ear Fidelity

Taking the Sony house sound to a more mature and maybe advanced level; because everything is clearer; it’s that detailed 3D no stopping clarity! A more physical and carved-out bass than with the full-size Z1R yet focused like the Z7. The IEM here actually becomes of more finesse yet touchable as well as comprehensible! Here we are met with a more in-your-head soundstage, being a more concentrated and mind-bending elixir. Mids are excellent with plenty of details to satisfy, smooth but not overly so and can still expose both details and recording imperfection. The soundstage is where the IER-Z1R goes beyond, creating an expansive, three-dimensional space that places you at the heart of the performance. It's not just left and right; depth, height, and immersion are rare in in-ear headphones. Sony products made in Japan are synonymous with absolute quality and performance, and the IER-Z1R headphones are no exception. They are lovingly crafted with only the finest components and manufacturing techniques, resulting in exceptional sound quality.OK, well the title is slightly misleading. This is really a collection of thoughts concerning the Z7, the IER-Z1R and the full-size Z1R. It’s also somewhat myopic as no other IEMs or headphones are introduced for reference. Probably this ends up most useful for someone already owning one of the three but curious about how the other two could fair in their collection. Mids on the C and EF I feel has more details, but The Ether C is thin and unenjoyable for me, The EF has good body but on some recording I notice that it upper mids extension is scooped out, while MDR Z1R is more lush and has a slight warm touch on it. Cymbals, Rides and Crashes having natural timbre with decent amount to treble extension, giving it pleasurable decay

Sony IER-Z1R Signature Series in-Ear Headphones

I boxed up the Z1R after three days and returned it. I didn't expect that listening to it for more days would help much, nor should it be necessary. With the IER-M9 this happens much later compared to the IER-Z1R and the reason is exactly this push in the treble. That is not an issue as nobody should listen at loud volumes (especially for longer times) anyway, but if you have songs with a lot of dynamic range, this can make you run into issues. Especially with Hans Zimmer i noticed that things just got too loud at peaks too early. Sony all the way, like not even close, for me anyway. It looks so clean and has that everything is in one piece feel. It makes The Ethers look like a joined piece from many parts if you know what I mean. winner: I don't know on this one honestly, The C I feel is too thin so I don't like it, but The EF is very good and overall is a bit better than the Z1R despite it sounding scooped out at times. Details are paramount, there are many details in the bass that I didn't hear in my other cans, possibly due to its excellent technicality but also the tonality.At the same time I’m not sure about this particular U shape tone being an existing thing in headphone history. The 1989-1990s Sony house sound was more middle of the road. We may even have Dr. Dre to blame introducing the ridiculous bass-heavy “Beats” changing popular sound signature history, channeling the night-club spirit into everyday sound perception. If you choose to believe the new Sony sound is the old-school “Hi/Fi” sound or the sound of high school car stereos; it’s your call, not mine. Strangely this forwardness is also shared by the Z7. It’s the openness of the full-size Z1R which makes it the odd-man-out.

IER-Z1R Signature Series In-Ear Earphones Sony IER-Z1R Signature Series In-Ear Earphones

Bass on the Z1R is well controlled and has a polite amount of subbass to it; low ends sound clean and lean without any bloatiness or muddiness The warmth and richness do not muddy the sound; they breathe life into it. Clarity and transparency allow the music's narrative to unfold without hindrance. Highs winner: Z1R for me, as it portrays recording environment more accurateley and precisely than the other two. All products sold on Headphone Zone carry a GST compliant invoice and all products sold include an 18% GST. About the same, Ether flow / Ether C a feels bit more flexible and seems easier to replace parts if it breaks.The Sony IER-Z1R has a triple-driver hybrid setup, with two dynamic drivers in charge of bass/mids and upper-treble, and one BA driver in charge of the treble. Sony has tried its best to make it more ergonomically friendly as we see the location of the cable connectors, but I would advise buying these earphones only if you have medium to large-sized ears. Technical Specifications The Sony IER-Z1R doesn’t just reproduce sound; it interprets it. It infuses the notes with emotion, texture, and vibrancy, making music more than sound. It makes it a journey, an exploration, and a celebration of what music can be. Vocals from Stromae sound more sharp, rough and dominant within the mix ever so slightly, but is never shadowed, nor-overemphasized compared to the entire ensemble (eg. Fils de joie) If you plug your wired earphones/IEMs directly into your phone or laptop, you are probably not hearing them at their best. This usually happens because the amplifier in your phone or laptop is not capable enough; to drive your earphones/IEMs to their full potential.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop